• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pains, Stalls and hair loss

jaxx

Well I have all 3 at the minute. I've been getting quite a bit of pain in my upper left section of my stomach which goes through to my back. I've even had to start taking pain killers again. Today has been the worst, I've been in a lot of discomfort not just from that one particular site but all over. I feel like I've gone back 2 weeks in my recovery (4 weeks post op now) I couldn't walk upright this afternoon and bending over is just painful. I'm going to see my GP tomorrow. Can lifting heavy objects cause this pain? I had to take my cat to the vet this morning and lifting her and her carry case from the car to the vets was incredibly uncomfortable.

My weight loss has stalled and I know why. I've not been eating enough protein and eating too many carbs. I've also not been eating enough each day either. Naughty me, well I hopefully kick started weight loss again as I made sure I ate properly yesterday and today and I intend to keep it up.

I have noticed when I have a bath I have a lot more hair falling out when I wash it. I have a thick head of hair so I'm hoping it won't be too noticable. I'm taking my multi vitamins religiously.

Last edited:
Hi Jaxx

You may find you need to add in more selenium from chemists or health food or on line. Lots of us found it helped with hair loss. Hope your stall doesn't last too long as they get you down. Lifting may well be the culprit for your pain.

M

Hiya
You are only 4 weeks post op, I don't think I had lost any weight at 4 weeks! Your body is adjusting to a massive change, and will take a few weeks to get into a routine of losing weight, so don't worry too much about it (I know it's easier said than done).

Re the pain, are you getting enough rest? Sometimes our bodies like to tell us to slow down, you are still so early, you need to rest rest rest.

Best wishes

Rx

Everyone recovers at a different rate. I am four weeks post op too. I still feel very tired and not able to do as much as I would like, so it is early days and go easy on yourself. I cant comment on the pain but hopefully your dr can help.

As for the food, it is like learning to eat all over again and I have yet to get the full amount of protein they recommend. If I have carbs I dont feel like eating protein so I have cut out the carbs for now. For the past few days I have been eating Quark (not everyone's cup of tea!) with sugar free jelly and find it is very easy to eat and bumps up the protein intake.

Someone mentioned selemium and I have been taking this for a number of years as it helps my immune system. I swear by it, although I didnt know it helps against hair loss.

I really hope you feel better soon.

Back