• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Park vouchers

salski

Hello all - just wondering if any of you are members of or use the park hamper people to get vouchers?
If so - how do you find them? Do they work? Where can you spend? Is it worth it?
Sal x

I'm sorry but I'm very very dubious about these companies after the collapse of Farepak.

After saving for a year with them I got nothing. Should have had £250 & I have friends who lost a lot more! Sorry but that's just my opinion.

I'm with Jacci.

I had a couple of years saving with Park with everyone at work... but some of the things you can purchase are expensive... I think the organisers may get a small discount though... if you run it just look online for all the info Sal. It's all there.

Some of the vouchers I had were a bit limiting back then, they may be better now.

It's better to save it yourself I think and I keep an account just for Christmas... as tempting as it is... you know it's safe.

p.s. £5 per week over 50 weeks... £250....

I'd have to put £10 away a week to make a difference and it would for sure...

I only do it for myself though as I don't like handling other people's money... but I do have a little Christmas kitty and it runs in a separate account from January to mid December... xxx

Love and hugs Sal xxx

Thanks ladies - I too was worried after Farepak - I have started a sealed pot challed going on with £2 coins and then a seperate sealed pot for all other change apart from £1's - that along with buying bits as the months go on I should be OK...but I just wondered if anyone thought it was worth it.
My family used to do it with Park for a few years running - but no one has done it for a while...
Thanks though
Sal x

Any way of saving has to be a good idea I think Sal... particularly with your major expenses this year... when you have your 'Special Stork Delivery'...

plus the usual rising costs of everything...

Saving individual coins can mount up and be a challenge... go for it Angel and keep in a safe place...

All the very best to you as always Sal xxx

We always save money (spare change) the whole family, usually hubby and I more than the lads though ;) We use it for treats, if we are going on holiday we will use it to have a special meal abroad and this year we didnt have a holiday because of my surgery so we had a day out at Chester Zoo. I have £70 at the moment from the last pot emptying and we are deciding what to use it for :D It soon adds up and ours is mainly copper and silver....the odd £1 coin but not many :D XX

I only did the vouchers & whilst it worked it was great but now I'm dubious about saving with any of them now. I had a friend who was on her own with 3 kids & lost £1000 in the Farepak fiasco.

It was really terrible when that happened. I was lucky i didnt have any that year but the few years before Id paid into it! So many people lost hundreds and like Jaccis friend thousands! Mostly they were people on fixed incomes too.....terrible thing to happen and I think its put most people off...it has with me XX

The hampers are very expensive for what you get,and you dont use everything in them.What about the saving stamps at Morrisons and Iceland?

I have saved with Park hampers for a few years now, I have had no trouble with them and The money is ringfenced by the government so it is not released to them until the vouchers are sent...... I tried to save up and found it easy to just use the money and leave an IOU in it's place!!!!!
I pay £15 a week and get £780 a year for the kids it makes a Huge difference...
I get to spend them at most major high st shops, Boots, Argos, Debenhams, Matalan, Toys R Us etc.........

Thanks all - it is awful about the amount of people left with no Christmas after the Farepak issues.
As for saving stamps - I took your advice and started Morrissons ones this week! I did Tesco ones last year and got £1 free, but I believe Morrissons you get £4 back - that along with the copper jar and the £2 jar means I should have a little bit of cash floating around at Christmas time :)
Thanks very much guys x

Hi Sal
I have saved with Park for the last 4 years with a friend and had the Love to Shop vouchers delivered usually beginning of November. This year I am doing it myself and being an agent for me and a few girls in the office so I will now get the commision. It is very simple and easy to do and it gives you a lump sum of vouchers for christmas (I cant save i'm hopeless at it) but this is great when my wages go in my money for my vouchers goes straight out so I dont miss it. Usually I spend them in boots (on the 3 for 2 offers) or Argos for the kids but many shops in the towns do them now just have a look on the Park website and it tells you where you can spend them. Personally I would always do them as I find it simple and easy. And I also agree with others that the money is now protected so the same problem that happened with farepack should never happen again.
Hope this helps Sal
xxx

Thanks hun - I think I will maybe look into it a littlemore for next year when baby is a bit older - will have to find an agent though like you say and fingers crossed it will work! Haha
Thanks chick x

Back