• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Has anyone been refered to a WLS counselor?

civvygit

ass-kickin'-mama
I'm wondering if the NHS use WLS counselors?

It would seem like a sensible thing to do.....so probably not :)

If you have been, or know of one could you post their details here or PM me? I'd love to know where they trained and what course they took. I'm a psychiatric nurse and wouldn't mind adding WLS counselor to my qualifications if I could then do it as a volunteer post op.

I'm wondering if the NHS use WLS counselors?

It would seem like a sensible thing to do.....so probably not :)

If you have been, or know of one could you post their details here or PM me? I'd love to know where they trained and what course they took. I'm a psychiatric nurse and wouldn't mind adding WLS counselor to my qualifications if I could then do it as a volunteer post op.
pahahahaha aint that the truth!!! :8855:

good luck with that :) xxx

That tickled you didn't it? :)

My daughter was under a weight management team she had to see a Gp, a dietitian, a fitness advisor and a psychiatrist . But she wasn't part of bariatric team
Walsall Manor bariatric patients have to see Dr Kendrick who is a psychiatrist maybe it would be worth sending him a letter and ask

Thanks Wendy, I had to see a psychiatrist as well, I think it's routine for the Whittington from what I can recall.

I was hoping to find out of there was a qualification for lay persons that help them to help others, reading on here, the amount of support given, the advice and the general pointing in the right direction I just thought perhaps there was already a service out there that could be used.

I know there is such training in the States, generally given by the hospitals themselves.

x

Back