• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pcos

shelly c

Hi there,

Has anyone else had polycystic ovaries and still managed a good weight loss after surgery?

I'm sure I'll lose after my op, but I still worry that it might be harder because of my stupid hormones? My surgeon doesn't think it will be an issue but I'd still like to hear from anyone who's been in the same situation? Thanks

Yes I would be interested to know that too. I have it but can't tolerate metformin. X

I have pcos and you can see from my stats that I her lost 11 stone since I started my journey. I have lost 7.5 stone in 8 month since my op. hope that helps.

Great thanks. You look amazing! I am in the pill for pcos also. This may change also although I don't want any more

I have PCOS and I'm four months post bypass. Ive lost 5 1/2 stone so far. Metformin did nothing for me either.

I have had pcos for over 20 yrs and I was banded , and I managed to lose 8 & 1/2 stone in 10 months and have maintained ever since x

Oh wow yvessa, that's fantastic!
That's really good to know.

Metformin did work for me but after I had my kids my gp wouldn't prescribe it anymore, said it was too expensive to justify handing it out for symptoms other than infertility! The surgery haven't been helpful at all. I feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel now though. Thanks so much for sharing x

I have to be honest apart from the weightloss my pcos stmptoms have not improved. I managed to conceive on the pill so fertility was not an issue.

Really? I suffer from terrible ache, irregular periods, hair loss and can grow a better beard than my hubby lol.
I was hoping all that would magically disappear as I lost weight again. Oh well, one step at a time, only time will tell x

I use vaniqa cream for the facial hair and along with the pill (dinonette) and this has made a major difference. Metformin helped me conceive after a long time trying but couldn't tolerate the stomach problems that can come with it x

Shelley defo ask about the cream and pill combo. I used immac a couple of times a week before and now only once a month near my period time. It's been amazing.

I have to be honest apart from the weightloss my pcos stmptoms have not improved. I managed to conceive on the pill so fertility was not an issue.

Same for me - even though I was told for years things would improve once I lost the weight, they never did for me.

Thanks borogirl, I'll deffo ask about the cream.
I used dianette years ago and it did help, but as I've gained more weight they won't prescribe it to me anymore.

I would ask your doc about the pill / cream combo. Takes 3 months to work and I had hair growing in places a lady shouldn't before that. It's made a massive difference to my confidence. I quite dark and my doc is Asian and she has dark facial hair and was sympathetic and uses it herself. You have to pay for the pill thou as I get quizzed at the pharmacy every 3 months as a lot of women use it for facial hair oppose to contraception. X

I didn't even know you could buy the pill over the counter. I'll be paying my dr a visit next week!

I didn't know I had PCOS until I had a hysterectomy! By then I had lost the majority of the excess weight - really just to get the op x

Back