• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pcos

No sorry it has to be prescribed but the pill is free for contraception use but not for pcos use. Sorry if I confused you x

My symptoms haven't really improved much either. I get acne and excessive hair. I guess we just have to stick with it and see what happens :)

I used to see an endocrinologist who cancelled planned laser surgery for hair removal as he said it would come back. I haven't looked back since using vaniqa cream. Feel like a girl again instead of having a shadow on my neck and chin!

I think I could still cope with the other symptoms as long as I lose the weight, anything else would be a bonus lol

I know how you feel, they wouldn't give me lazer treatment either, but they've never even mentioned a cream to me. I literally get a 5 o'clock shadow

I know how you feel, they wouldn't give me lazer treatment either, but they've never even mentioned a cream to me. I literally get a 5 o'clock shadow

Hi. I really hope your doc gives you this but you do need the pill combo. It really got me down and now it's not an issue. After 3 months of using it the facial hair has dramatically reduced and you can still pluck / immac when using the cream. I do think this particular pill has bad side effects thou (reduced sex drive!) and also isn't good for blood clots so I have to get checked for blood pressure every 3 months but its been fine x

Hey!! I have pcos too so Im hoping this wls will help mine and hopefully help with conceiving in a few years. Keep us posted on your story x

Hey!! I have pcos too so Im hoping this wls will help mine and hopefully help with conceiving in a few years. Keep us posted on your story x

Hi I was metformin for a few months and then fell pregnant 5 years ago after years of trying. Best if luck x

PCOS here too, diagnosed in my teens. I have lost 5 stone since mid September, my sleeve was at the end of September. My main symptoms have been irregular periods, but being overweight the pill is contraindicated, and facial hair which I have paid to have lasered a few times and I now have one of those "no no" things that are being advertised on the tv. Seems to work quite well.

I have rip PCOS and can confirm from my Signature that it doesn't make a lot of difference. To be honest my PCOS seems to have calmed down a lot since I lost weight.

Ooh this is an interesting one! Boro does the cream work without the pill( as my pill is mycrogynon 30). I am about to fork out a nice sum of money for laser hair removal on my chin but have heard no guarantee and I really need not to have a mans chin booo it's so depressing!!! And yes with my pcos I have managed to lose 3 stone after my sleeve 6 weeks ago(one stone was preop)

Ooh this is an interesting one! Boro does the cream work without the pill( as my pill is mycrogynon 30). I am about to fork out a nice sum of money for laser hair removal on my chin but have heard no guarantee and I really need not to have a mans chin booo it's so depressing!!! And yes with my pcos I have managed to lose 3 stone after my sleeve 6 weeks ago(one stone was preop)

Hi Think you need to check with your doc re the pill, I have just googled Dianette and the links state facial hair growth so it maybe this one you would need (link from google -Dianette is an excellent choice of oral contraceptive for anyone who has mild hirsutism (a mild degree of unwanted body hair).
BUT I am not clinical and I am not an expert. I once stopped applying the cream (Vaniqa) but still took the pill and the hari growth returned so I think it works in combination. I can put my makeup on seconds after applying the cream so its not a bind, its just part of my daily routeen now. I get a slight bit of hair near the time of the month but its nothing major. My upper lip, chin and neck are 100% better!

Back