• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

photographic evidence

hopelesscase

Whilst i was out the other day i was approached by a traffic warden who asked to see the photo on her blue badge. I promptly complied only to discover i had put the wrong badge up hence to say why he was asking to see the photo as they can tell if the badge belongs to a male or female and also the age at issue.
I immidiatly gave him the right one but because i had displayed the wrong one he confiscated the other one.
I have had to present myself to the issuing office to plead my case and i had to take 2 forms of photographic evidence for myself.
They were very nice and i have got the other blue badge back but what prompted me to post this topic is that i was challenged over my photographic evidence. I took my passport 6 yrs old and my driving licence 4 yrs old and she looked at the photos and said are you sure these are yours as it doesnt look like you!!
I had never considered the need to change the photos but it makes me wonder if i should do. Its expence i could do without but the last thing i want is to be stopped at the airport when on holiday in a forgien country because the photo doesnt look like me.
Oh the complexities of WLS lol.

Guess you should change them - your passport definitely - sure I saw something about changing pics if you had radically altered your appearance!

hehehe!! That rocks though that you have lost that much weight- you are a totally new person....just enjoy it!!! :D:D You go girl!!! :greenapple::party0049::party0019:
I thought you where not meant to show your photo with the blue badge?? We got a ticket once for putting my blue badge photo way up!! :confused:
:party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0011:

Hello there hc.

I have been reading this and as far as i am aware u cannot just change your photograph you have to re apply for a whole new passport think the fee's around £ 80............

P.S. I JUST READ ON THE UK PASSPORT PAGE IF IDENTITY OF NAME CHANGES ARE REQUIRED IT HAS TO BE A NEW PASSPORT...........

ALL THE BEST -MEJULIE X

Last edited:
Hello there hc.

I have been reading this and as far as i am aware u cannot just change your photograph you have to re apply for a whole new passport think the fee's around £ 80............

P.S. I JUST READ ON THE UK PASSPORT PAGE IF IDENTITY OF NAME CHANGES ARE REQUIRED IT HAS TO BE A NEW PASSPORT...........

ALL THE BEST -MEJULIE X

thanks julie thats why i said it was an expence i could do without lol

hehehe!! That rocks though that you have lost that much weight- you are a totally new person....just enjoy it!!! :D:D You go girl!!! :greenapple::party0049::party0019:
I thought you where not meant to show your photo with the blue badge?? We got a ticket once for putting my blue badge photo way up!! :confused:
:party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0011:

Hi em no i had the badge the right way but withing the serial number they can identify wether you are male , female, age, passenger driver or both.
If when checking thay dont think that it belongs to you they can ask to check the photo. new law that came in last year

Hi em no i had the badge the right way but withing the serial number they can identify wether you are male , female, age, passenger driver or both.
If when checking thay dont think that it belongs to you they can ask to check the photo. new law that came in last year

oh right- wow clever technology!! I suppose in a way I am glad to hear that they can check and actually do something about it if you are not the right person connected to the badge. Obviously you are not the sort of person who would be using someone else's badge on purpose, I am talking more about catching these people who buy stolen badges in pubs and stuff- I had my badge stolen when I went to hospital in Queens Square, London...so if they could catch them out that would rock!! :D
Glad you got it all sorted out now anyway and got the back!!! ;)

I didnt realise they could do this, not that I have a blue badge, if it is say your husbands badge and you used it would you get in trouble then ? even if he was with you or if you were shopping for him ?

HC could you not ring the pass port office and ask them there advice as passports are only valid for 10yrs. As for your driving license if you already have a photo one it will cost £20 to issue a new one with change of photo (hubby has just had to this as his expired and he needed to send a new photo to them). Maybe have a look and see when yours expires and do it then. HTH

I didnt realise they could do this, not that I have a blue badge, if it is say your husbands badge and you used it would you get in trouble then ? even if he was with you or if you were shopping for him ?

yes you could the person who the badge is issued to has to be out of the car whilst it is parked even if you are shopping for them. This is in effect one of the biggest abuse areas of the blue badge.

HC could you not ring the pass port office and ask them there advice as passports are only valid for 10yrs. As for your driving license if you already have a photo one it will cost £20 to issue a new one with change of photo (hubby has just had to this as his expired and he needed to send a new photo to them). Maybe have a look and see when yours expires and do it then. HTH

thanks terri will gice them a call.

thanks julie thats why i said it was an expence i could do without lol

Ye you defo have to pay to have a new passport thats peed me of cause I bought a new one this year to go belguim and I should replace it end of November cause of getting married and changing name. But think I will just keep booking hols in my maiden name lol

i have just had to renew my passport, and security license so new photographic evidence is in place, i was shocked at the difference in the photo's.

Anyone who loses a lot of weight needs to look at their photographic evidence and have it changed, if you have time left on your current passport ect you can have that added to the new one

Whilst i was out the other day i was approached by a traffic warden who asked to see the photo on her blue badge. I promptly complied only to discover i had put the wrong badge up hence to say why he was asking to see the photo as they can tell if the badge belongs to a male or female and also the age at issue.
I immidiatly gave him the right one but because i had displayed the wrong one he confiscated the other one.
I have had to present myself to the issuing office to plead my case and i had to take 2 forms of photographic evidence for myself.
They were very nice and i have got the other blue badge back but what prompted me to post this topic is that i was challenged over my photographic evidence. I took my passport 6 yrs old and my driving licence 4 yrs old and she looked at the photos and said are you sure these are yours as it doesnt look like you!!
I had never considered the need to change the photos but it makes me wonder if i should do. Its expence i could do without but the last thing i want is to be stopped at the airport when on holiday in a forgien country because the photo doesnt look like me.
Oh the complexities of WLS lol.

Wow I think this is a fantastic new rule. I am sick of going to disabled spaces to find cars with either no blue badge or as you said people leaving the disabled person in the car. Just talking about it winds me up!!

I put on loads of weight since my passport was issued a couple of years ago.
When flying back from France a couple of months ago, I was questioned by the clerk as to if it was really me! :eek: lol

Oh the shame! :(

Back