• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Two year surgiversary

flutterby1966

My husband found these two photos of me almost at my fattest 20st 8lb .... Looking like a moomin and trying to avoid the camera... I really don't ever remember thinking I was 'that' big, but obviously the evidence doesn't lie. And the second photo is taken last week on holiday in France. I got in front of the camera lots of times, but I couldn't make myself photogenic, despite lots of trying. But this is me at 9st 12lbs, my heaviest in a while.

Its two years yesterday since I had my band fitted and I love it and the 150lb loss. It wasn't a cheat. Its not always easy. I am not perfect. I still have bad food habits (chocolate; eating too quickly; not drinking enough water) however i am 95% better than i used to be and those bad habits are in my line of focus / under control and are still far outweighed by the many good habits I have learned.

Best of luck to anyone new embarking on their weightloss journey, or anyone already on theirs but needing a little inspiration ... If I can do it ... YOU can too xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 434
Piccie 2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 379
Wow you've done amazing and look fab!! Congrats I just hope I can do the same as you! Well done! X

You have done amazingly well, you look like a completely different person!! X

You've always been one of my WLS heroes Michelle. Great job, fantastic attitude and brilliant results, really well done you. Here's to the next two years xxxxxx

Congrats honey, you have had a fantastic success :) Very pleased for you and gorgeous holiday pic :)

Wow hun can hardly recognise you in those piccies. Amazing!

Thanks all. Means a lot to have kind words ... Better than a bar of choccie :rolleyes: xxx

Wit woo! You look fab! Another inspirational member. I'm so pleased I joined this forum. Seeing before and after pictures sure picks me up xx

Congrats girl, you look amazing

Oh wow, amazing. You look fantastic, really hope that's me in 2yrs time....so if you could give one piece of advice to us just beginning our journey what would it be? x

Fabulous update. You look amazing now and I wouldn't recognise the original you. Well done and thanks for sharing. x

Oh wow, amazing. You look fantastic, really hope that's me in 2yrs time....so if you could give one piece of advice to us just beginning our journey what would it be? x

Lots of advice ... But I will limit to three comments ... :rolleyes:

There can be a positive to be gained from any experience, even if its the learning of not to repeat a negative action!

Be realistic, the band is a tool to help you but it doesn't do everything for you ... you are your greatest asset when it ones to this journey, its your choices that can really make the difference between success and failure!

Achieve a sustainable, healthy balance that's going to work for you long term ... Lose quickly via an intense shock to the body ... By starving it of calories/nutrition/exercising obsessively without refuelling etc .. But the weight (and more) is often regained quickly as soon as the intensity reduces OR plan what is going to be realistically achievable/maintainable for the rest of your life, set yourself those healthier parameters to work within and then stick to your plan! I know which approach I would advocate/enjoy :D

Xxx

Last edited:
Michelle u look great and u always gave great advice I'm doing well slowly but surly because of u and Jo who were with me from the beginning of my journey so thank you.xxxxxx

You look amazing ;)

Hope to follow in your foot steps ... But it's still baby steps for me at the moment xx

Back