• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Piles ?

RoseA

Does anyone suffer from piles ? If so, have you treated it yourself ? I'm convinced that I now have piles after having had a week of severe constipation recently. :wave_cry: Is it an occupational hazard for WLS peeps ?

i've no shame so i'll reply!! i had farmers before my WLS, but must say they are markedly improved since losing the weight, i might have to get my gp to have a look, and get something done via an op, but that can wait, i doubt you'll have got piles with just a week of constipation, but if you find your bum is itchy, bleeding etc, mention it to your gp, there are plenty of over the counter creams that can help the symptoms, preperation h and anusol spring to mind, available in suppositry or cream ;)

I have had bouts of them since my operation. My GP said I probably had them before I lost the weight but weren't as noticeable as I was so much bigger.

The OTC creams have helped me a lot. I will continue to see the GP should they get worse again and they are horrible.

Thanks Marky - it is possible I had them pre-op and didn't notice them, but I can definitely feel a prolapse now. There is also some bleeding and soreness but no itching. I need to see my GP shortly so might mention it.

Back