• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Lesson to us all.....

Louanne79

Just over 4 weeks post op, and for the last week or so, I've had an increasingly sharp pain in my right hand side.
I thought it was due to constipation, but several trips to the loo ruled that out, so this morning, in agony, I took a trip to A&E.
Turns out the pain is from my kidneys, and I have a severe water infection due to the fact that I'm dehydrated and not taking in enough fluids.
I now have a week long course of strong antibiotics to take, and as difficult as it might be, from now on I'll be making sure I drink at least 2l of fluid each day.
Just shows how important it is to follow those post-op rules.
xXx

1691974k3sg6bikaf.gif

Aww, thank you! How lovely.
I'm ok, it's a small price to pay in the long run xXx

Hope you feel better soon. Hydration is so important on so many levels yet we often fail at making sure we drink enough. Glad you're ok

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so ill
x x

Great point well made. Hope you are feeling better very soon x

sorry to hear your unwell,, ive had 3 water infectionsin 4 weeks, i drink approx 1 1/2 litres per day of very weak no sugar squash but im upping that to at least 2 litres, it just goes to show but we live and learn take care xx

Awwww you poor thing. Urine infections make you feel really pants!! Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks for the timely reminder to me, I know I don't drink enough and even make a mental note to myself every time I visit the Ladies that my urine is too strong and I should drink more water ......... but I forget.
How can I remind myself.

So many times newly post op people go on about their food intake and it vexes me that they aren't seeing the big picture. Fluids are THE most important thing post op.

Lou i hope the antibiotics kick in soon and good luck with the fluids. Most of all a massive THANK YOU for telling all the other newbies as a warning x

So many times newly post op people go on about their food intake and it vexes me that they aren't seeing the big picture. Fluids are THE most important thing post op.

Lou i hope the antibiotics kick in soon and good luck with the fluids. Most of all a massive THANK YOU for telling all the other newbies as a warning x

Bless ya.
I wouldn't want anyone to go through the discomfort I've had over the last couple of days - I was actually in tears at A&E this morning - it's been much, much worse than any post op pain I had.
I wouldn't want it to put anyone off this op, I certainly don't regret it, but I do think people should realise there are some downsides, especially if you don't do what you're told by your team.
Besides, after all the good advice and words of wisdom I've taken from this forum over the last few months, it's nice to be able to give something worthwhile back.
xXx

I wouldn't want it to put anyone off this op, I certainly don't regret it, but I do think people should realise there are some downsides, especially if you don't do what you're told by your team.
xXx

A great deal of post op complications or as you put it downsides, are caused by patients failing to follow the basic instructions they are given and could be avoided if only they listened ;)

A great deal of post op complications or as you put it downsides, are caused by patients failing to follow the basic instructions they are given and could be avoided if only they listened ;)

I certainly wish I'd made more of an effort to get the liquid down me instead of spending time saying how difficult it was to do!
xXx

hope you feel better soon mate and thanks for the reminder, i'm 10 days post op and need to up the fluids x

Hubby's been and fetched me 2 packs of 6 x 1.5l bottles of Evian (they're on offer in Sainsbury's).
I'm going to aim to drink 2 bottles a day, whether it be plain with ice, or a little squash. At least it means I can easily measure that I'm getting down 3l a day.

Thanks all for the well wishes. I have to say, I don't feel 'unwell' in myself - I was in work yesterday - but the local pain is awful, so please learn from my mistakes!!

:)

xXx

Last edited:
Just over 4 weeks post op, and for the last week or so, I've had an increasingly sharp pain in my right hand side.
I thought it was due to constipation, but several trips to the loo ruled that out, so this morning, in agony, I took a trip to A&E.
Turns out the pain is from my kidneys, and I have a severe water infection due to the fact that I'm dehydrated and not taking in enough fluids.
I now have a week long course of strong antibiotics to take, and as difficult as it might be, from now on I'll be making sure I drink at least 2l of fluid each day.
Just shows how important it is to follow those post-op rules.
xXx

Take care Louanne and get well soon,

Maddie xxxxx :hug99:

Back