• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pins and needles

msunique

Since my bypass I have been suffering with pins and needs in my left thigh, it isnt totally numb but the feeling in it is slightly deadened if you know what I mean, has anyone else experienced this?

I have heard of it before its probably from the op,dont worry...unless you lose the use of your leg!Sorry its the scouse humour!

lol I know i can be forgetful but I havent lost a body part yet :) that would be careless eh

I havent heard of the pins of needles I have made an appt with my gp as I thought after 10 days I should be getting back to normal now!

Hiya, now I may be talking nonsense (I generally do lol) but for a week or two after my op I couldn't tell when I needed to pee. I blamed the anaesthetic, could it be the same for you and it's affecting your nerves or something? Hope it wears off soon xx

Oh really? I am glad I can feel that, that must of been awful!! I thought after a week the anaesthetic would be gone from my system, I am of course only guessing lol

It can take up to 6 weeks for the anaesthetic to go from your system - thats why some insurers won't let you drive for 6 weeks.

I wonder if your tingling/numbness is from the position they have you in while they do the op - they do tip us in some funny ways to get to the bits they want. Wonder if they have aggravated a nerve somewhere

Hope you get some feeling soon

xxx

I have heard of this before, I had it after my caesarean section. Its something to do with the nerves, sorry I cant remember exactly what they said. If it carries on for more than a few more weeks I would get it checked with your team :D XX

Thanks Jacqui

I have got an appt booked to see my gp next week, so hopefully it goes by then as its really annoying!

I've heard its to do with nerves too, hope everything sorts itself soon!

xx

i cant help you hun..I didn't want to read and run...
i hope you feel better soon..
keep us posted what the Dr says xxx

Thanks I will let you know, I couldn't get an appt till Wednesday so will definitely let you know as it seems to be a thing a few people get.

Hi - I get this sometimes (have for a few years) and I haven't had my op yet. Feels like a burning, numb, tingly sensation?

My GP told me (in the nicest possible words) that its wear the belly overhangs and nerves don't get a straight direct line down from the torso to the legs (they go on the scenic route and get bent going down to the bottom of the hanging belly then back up and then down the leg) so you can get numbness in your legs!

I know it sounds strange, but when it has happened I've lifted the belly a bit and it's eased it, like unblocking a kink in a garden hose!

I know you're post op, it could be as your losing weight the change in body size could mean the nerves are free to move more and this may mean that they're getting caught up.

Believe me I'm no medical expert so still get it checked out but that's what I was told - funny as it sounds, or he may have been humouring me lol!!

Hope you get it sorted hun.

i have that sort of sensation in my legs, its called altered sensation and is caused by permanent nerve damage in my case. but, like someone has said, it could be the way you were lay in theatre, and its upset your nerves a bit. it will probably settle down, but i would definately get it investigated, if only for your own peace of mind. i hope its ok very soon. hugs xxx

Hi Karen

Yes you have hit the pin on the head lol thats the feeling exactly!! I have tried moving my belly but it doesnt ease it :-(

It kept me awake last night so I will be glad to get an answer and a solution (I hope there is one!!)

I am hoping mine isnt permanent nerve damage Dawny, how do you cope with this all the time?

I think I know what the problem is!!! My hubby just gave me the clexzane injecton in my left side and almost straight away my leg started to tingle again.

I am glad I only have 1 more of these left as they hurt more everytime!!

Let us know if it improves when the injections stop.

I will do I have stopped the injections I only had 2 more to go and it's stopping me sleeping too so I missed yesterday's and I won't be having tonights either, it feels a little better already!

They give you 2 weeks worth to take at home mr whitelaw gave me 3 weeks!! But the pharmacist questioned it as it's normally only 2 thankfully!

I am not due to see the team for another 4 weeks! If I remember I will ask him but I have got an appt with my gp on Wednesday because of it but not sure if they will know the answer

Good luck chick, hope it starts to feel better for you soon x

Back