• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pins & needles

Nicnac_

Suffering really bad with pins & needles in my hands - too the point struggling to hold glass, pen etc

Does any one know if could be to do with bypass and nutritional deficiency?

Vitamin b12 deficiency can cause pins and needles

Both hands - pretty much constant at the min

Yep, I have pernicious Anemia which means having vitb injections every three months. The pins and needles in my fingers and toes was my first symptom. Get yourself checked out - simple blood test.

You'll feel loads better.

Good luck x

Did you have one on op day? My hospital does the first one immediately due to the risk of malabsorption of vit b. Thiamine deficiency is another way of saying it. As its weekend, you may want to get some OTC tablets until you can see a GP as it can get quite serious.

Did you have one on op day? My hospital does the first one immediately due to the risk of malabsorption of vit b. Thiamine deficiency is another way of saying it. As its weekend, you may want to get some OTC tablets until you can see a GP as it can get quite serious.

No didn't have one on op day - got the prescription for injections got told to take with me to my 6 week post op appt.

I'm having bloods done on Monday as have registered with a new GP and they want a baseline so hopefully they will show something.

The pins and needles are pretty much constant at the min driving me mad! Off out shopping this morning so will pick up some of tablets you recommend. Thanks Yve :D xx

if its not that it could def be carpol tunnel I have constant trouble best way to tell if it cp is bend your hand back as if carrying a big tray if your hand starts going numb pins n needles quickly it cp

Could well be b12 deficiency but it could also be carpal tunnel. I have had carpal tunnel release op on both hands and although severe (according to nerve induction tests) I had the weakness constantly but although bothersome i didn't have the tingling numbness 24/7.
Shaking my hands to relieve the tingle gave short term relief not sure if the same could be said for vit b12 deficiency tingles... Sorry not much help :(

I've had some bloods today just got to wait for results. I'm due my vit b12 in a week!

Very strange but I had some alcohol on Saturday with approval from my team - was at a wedding and since then not been as bad.

Back