• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ive always been the bubbly, never upset.....

kinda gal.

no one knows how much my weight upsets me...

no one knows how long i have cried for, dieted for longed to be slim for...

ive told a few people, my sis, a couple of colleagues of my intention for an operation and all of them are shocked....why? your lovely..pretty..not fat..etc

im crying now as i type this, i cant talk to people about my weight..i literally sob when i think about how disgustingly overweight i am...

I am researching every day....and honestly believe that the NHS will not fund this for me...and i cant afford to do it privatley...

i can invisage the future....another 10 years of dieting, when my BMI will be above 50 and i will have the co-morbidities they so desperatley want to see!!! argh, are any of these symptoms enough??? cause they sure as hell upset me and make my life difficult!!!!

i get pins and needles in my arms when i sleep because my weight is literally crushing them.
i get sores under my boobs and fat folds because i sweat sop much and have to walk so far to work.
my left knee is constantly swollen and i am on painkillers daily just to walk, the noise they make is horrific!
i am now a size 24...you cant buy nice clothes at a size 26...im 33 i want to be fashionable again!
i cant wear heels..22 stone is enough to carry on all of my foot!
i cant take my boys out, swimming..etc
i dont take them to the cinema because im too big to sit in the chair....
i stand on the train every day...its too embarassing to squeeze next to someone
my skin is horrid and spotty
ive quit smoking thinking that will help me walk to work...but i know it wont make too much difference unless i lose weight

im sure i could think of loads more but this is the type of stuff i hide, and keep to myself......i wouldnt dare tell anyone in the real world this stuff!!! i might print it out and show the dietician, i couldnt read it i know that much lol...

its not just my fat ass i want to go...its the burden that goes with it :(

sorry for that, i hope it makes me feel better lol

I hope it did help to make you feel better..... its an awful burden to carry round with you. I totally sympathise!
In my diary thread I made a list similar to yours about why I had chosen the WLS path, it made me feel stronger about my decisions.
Up until very recently I have spent weeks in a vicious circle of drinking wine and bingeing after work, eating nothing all day, then drinking wine to get my hunger to its peak then feed myself ALL evening, I dont know why & I am not sure that I ever will, I dont know what I am unhappy about deep down & keep trying to find the answers but am so embroiled in the vicious circle that until I get off the merry-go-round I wont ever find out. Am I just greedy??????? Or is it that I get the love and support and feelings of this from eating the food as deep down there is a huge void somewhere in my heart????
After all being fat is the symptom of overeating and being overweight - (thank you Karlos).

Its like carry a bloody rucksack full of the additional lbs in weight again hunni - keep the faith xxxx

I'm the same height as you and funnily enough I thought I was 5'9 until I was trying to juggle my BMI and realised I was 5'7 too! You wrote down how I feel and couldn't express so thanks for that, but I don't want the similarities to stop there! I want you to persecute your doctor and not give up until you get the answer you want!
I had to resort to desperate measures and if you have to aswell then do it! I strapped ankle and wrist weights to myself and filled my pockets with bags of coins to make me heavier! I printed off our PCT guidelines and refused to budge and lo and behold i have even referred. The feeling of relief is immense so don't give up the fight.
Ive tried reductil lost 5 stone in 5 months, used orlistat and lost 3 stone in as many months but out the whole lot back on with some extra for company and hated myself a bit more with every stone that has gone on.
I am going to do everything within my power to ensure my op is in 2012 and I can't wait for this Xmas to be looking forward to my works Xmas party instead of thinking of an excuse why I can't go as too ashamed for anyone to see me!
We all know how u feel on here so write how you feel and think of it as therapy and of you have to resort to under hand tactics then do it!

thankyou minx xxx

im a fighter....and wont go do without one lol

Back