• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PLATEAU SO WHAT CAN I DO?

sukies

It's comming up to 6 weeks now and ive stayed the same weight in that time. im only 4 and a half months into my journey and i can't understand why this has happened. can somebody shed some light and tell me what ive done wrong. im not eating bad things that's why im suprised! when will i start moving again? need help please!!!:(

What are you eating? Can you give us an example of what you are eating and drinking on a daily basis.
Perhaps we can help.
Lynne x

Hi Sukies,

I have been wondering the same thing as I am just a few days short of 5 weeks post op and I have stayed the same weight for 10 days. I am not worried about it because I think it was due to constipation!!!

Yesterday I went for a walk with my sister and her dog and today I am 2lbs lighter!!! What a surprise that was.

Constipation can be helped with excercise and even the shortest walk has helped me. I eat the right things too so couldnt understand why I plateaud either! I hope this explains a little about how our delicate constitution can slow or even stop without much intervention but can be helped with gentle exercise. I hope you start loosing again soon. Take care :) x

Eat more!1000-1200 cals per day,drink plenty and walk!It will work its way off naturally.

You haven't done anything wrong it just sometimes happens to people like that. I plateaued for 3 months which was very disheartening. Like others have said try to keep up the fluids and protein intake. Keep an eye on clothes feeling baggier as you might not lose weight but you can lose inches. Lastly and most importantly, stop worrying. It will come off eventually, it took years to get up to your heaviest weight, it will take time to come off again, even after a bypass.

You need to address your food intake, your fluid intake, and finally your own input. Are you exercising? I don't mean like a maniac but are you walking when possible?

Some people are blessed with the fact they've never had to exercise to lose their weight, my good friend Lisa and Wendy both dropped their weight without going anywhere near a gym (although Wendy is a gym bunny now lol). Some of us need to put the effort in i'm afraid...

Don't sit back and wait for your bypass to 'kick in' as has been suggested. Instead ask what you can do for your bypass, and be honest with the answers. I wasted 5 months blaming my surgery when really it was me!

Gd luck xx

Back