• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please Help I Need Advice

GuRlyGiRL

Live Laugh Love
Hi Everyone,

I need some advice please, and was wondering where everyone had their surgery. I was looking at a few hospitals in the UK and abroad and wanted your advice.

Thank you xxx

Hi,
don't know what type of WLS you are going for but i had my gastric band done with The Hospital Group - Surgeon was Mr Paul Super - excellent reputation. Most surgery is done at Dolan Park Hospital in the Midlands. 2 year aftercare package included.

Thanks Trine57, I was waiting for someone to reply about The Hospital Group. I was doing my research and it was between THG and WLS Group. I didnt hear good feed back from THG which got me worried. Do you have to pay for your fills or is that included in your after care?

Hi there,
I was the same, banded at Dolan Park with THG.
I did a day by day diary (the thread is titled The Long and Winding Road) and is quite a detailed insight into my surgery - have a look.
Although THG have had some bad reviews on here, I can't really fault them. I get a monthly dietician appointment and have had fills when I needed them.
The package I took was with the 2 year aftercare and it has been well worth the money.
Good luck on your journey.

Ms Mr Super is hot hot hot :) x

Hi Hun
I had my bypass with WLS group in July with Roger Ackroyd, i have got absolutely no complaints at all, that also includes 3 yrs aftercare i had mine done at Sheffield, i cant recommend highly enough.
xxx

I went direct to the Surgeon - Mr Ammori and had my surgery at the Spire in Manchester. I paid £9,650 in total and the WLS quoted me £10,500.

Back