• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help :(

Emma2206

Recon I've picked up a nasty stomach bug, I'm wretching because I really need to be sick but it feels like the band is stopping it coming out, is that normal! I hate being sick so always do my best with chewing my food, but this is like I'm really poorly sick, my body is literally in spasms because it needs to get out but can't :(

I have no band advice, I'm pre-op but poorly with a tummy bug just wanna say hope you find help and get well soon x

I've wondered about this with a band. It's not a situation I've been in, but I really hope it passes quickly for you x

it is highly likely that the band will stop it., but if being sick forces it out it can cause issues. It's important that you call your provider quite urgently as vomiting isn't good.

I had a food poisoning episode at the weekend and while I was able to be sick, the pain afterwards was immense and my band and area around it tightened so much I couldn't swallow saliva even for a good 6+ hours. It did settle down but definitely give them a shout.

Oh Emma poor u.. How r u? This to has been a worry for me, I do find I can be sick thou, but not as tight as u... Anti sicknesses all the way em.. Your a nurse, get your docs.. Xx

Luckily I've not wretched today, I recon it was a dodgy sausage I had for tea last night. Tmi but my mouth was pouring with water but could not bring a thing up from my stomach, I could literally feel it hitting the band, and the pain was unbearable :( not eating today and having sips of water, but even that is giving me cramps :( I don't do sick at the best I times ( stupid considering my profession) but never again!!

Well let's hope that's the worst over.. I've even thought about having anti sickness in the house just in case.. That's the one thing that has really worried me... Don't get ill often luckily.. Hope your back to normal soon.. And ready for Christmas xxx

Poor you it sounds awful, I hate being sick at the best of times the band may very well have stopped any coming up maybe the anti sickness is a good idea.

My daughters have bands and both have been sick with being ill and they both say its possible to pass vomit through the band..like you I hate being sick so hope it never happens..I feel for you :/

Back