• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please i need some help

angelicheart

AngelicHeart
:wave_cry:hi all

i do really struggle trying to post something as i just can't figuer it out as yet, its me i am just thick:8855:.
another thing i am quite shy as well to post and a very bad with spelling:ashamed0005:

Ok i let you know how far i am with my journey that started since april this year, it has been really hard work with my doctor but with help and advice i managed to get the sleep teast which i have been dignosed with sleep apenoa and now i use the cpap every night and i am on iron tablets as been told by the doctor from the sleep center.
I have my first onsultation on the 11/10/10 homerton hospital, after the morning session i will meet with Mr mannur at the end of the day.

does anyone been and seen by mr Mannur '' not sure if i spelled the name wright'' where will i go from here? i am trying to have the surgery done by the NHS, i am not sure if i have been granted the funding, could you please tell me who would apply for the funding, i did have the top lady who authorise the funding and told me that i do meet the criteria and i would not have any problem with funding, i hope so.

Please if anyone went to homerton hospic for consultation inlight me and guide me, i have been send this form of questioner, is giving me a headach:cry: i will appriciat any help.

many thanks

Hi and :welcome2: to WLS :D
I cant help with your questions as Im in a different area and they all differ so much! Just wanted to come and say Hi :D Dont be shy, we are a friendly bunch and we have all been where you are now, we are all at different stages on the same journey :D x

i think it depends realli on where you live if you have any problems with funding - but im sure if your hospital have said you wont have any problems then youl be ok - some areas are automatic and you dont need to apply for funding but other do - my surgeon mentioned it so i think if i would have had to send for funding he would have done it for me, where as ive heard from others that their gp has sent for funding so its difficult to say in your case.
i believe you can find out how your pct works on the bospa website and it tells you what the criteria is in your area too!
hope this helps im sure someone will be along shortly to explain properly... good luck on your journey and i hope it all goes well with your funding! xxxx

Hi and welcome, this is a really friendly site so don't worry about spelling or being shy. Just be yourself and you will find all the support here that you need.

As for funding, your GP is the one that needs to apply for you. Your doctor needs to say what your weight and BMI is and that you have been diagnosed with sleep apnoea. They also have to list all the other treatments and diets that you have tried in the past. This is just to show that you have considered all your options. Your GP might ask you to write a supporting letter.

As you have already spoken to the person responsible for funding panels you should be well ahead of the game.

All the best. xx

hello and welcome.... not sure about the funding question but as you ve said you have seen the top lady and she has said it doesnt seem a problem id say thats very good vibes and looks like a yes!! im having mine at sunderland so cannot help about the area, but i wish you all the luck xx

Hi
I had my first assessment day at Homerton in august!

Saw an Asssesment dietician in the morning, go through all your forms and general chat. Then everyone (as you won't be the only one on that day) meets back in Outpatients and goes down for a talk/group discussion and some slides all about the surgery. I found that really really useful, you can ask any questions you like - I think there were about 12 of us in my session. Remember no question is a stupid question if it's something you want to know.

You'll probably have to have a blood test too during the day - I was advised it was best to go after the group presentation as there can be a wait, and I had 2 hours to kill before the next appointment (not that I waited that long lol)

In the afternoon you have your appointment with the Surgeon. You may see Mr Mannur or one of his team. I didn't see the main man but the guy I saw was great, although I didn;t catch his name.

One word of warning - the afternoon appointments apparently are reknowned for running late - so be prepared for a bit of a wait. I was due in at 3.00pm and was seen at 4.35!

I was really nervous when I went in the morning, not knowing what to expect (my blood pressure was 189/110 - never been that high in my life and I don't suffer with high blood pressure! lol) but can honestly say I came out of there feeling that I learned so much about what's going to happen (fingers crossed I get through the multidisciplinary meeting and have fundng approved).

My advice would just be to be as open and honest as you can, answer everything they want to know. And as I said before if you have any questions at all then do ask, I reckon they probably welcome them.

I'm sure you'll be fine hun.

Take care x

Hi - sorry I forgot to answer about the funding.

I believe it depends on your health authority. Some agree it before you go, but I think for most authorities Homerton will contact the to ask for funding once they've agreed to the surgery.

Back