• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

need advise please !!!!

xloulabellex

Hello
I have been under my local hospital for weight loss surgery and I have been told that I have got funding, the consultant that I've been meeting has offered me the choice between the band and the bypass, but I don't know which would be best for me. I am 24 and suffered with my weight all my life. I have read all the info I can find on both band and bypass, its just such a big decision.

Thank you xx

I was under dr ammori,
Bypass was done for me as I'm a picker/sweet tooth person.
Band wouldn't have suited me as I wasn't a large portion eater.
It's best to have an op suited to how you eat x

xloulabellex said:
Thanks Emma

I'm a big eater I'm just worried about the risks that come with the bypass

I think all the weightloss surgeries have risks,
but remember it's better to go with the operation that's going to help with your bad habits.

Hello
I have been under my local hospital for weight loss surgery and I have been told that I have got funding, the consultant that I've been meeting has offered me the choice between the band and the bypass, but I don't know which would be best for me. I am 24 and suffered with my weight all my life. I have read all the info I can find on both band and bypass, its just such a big decision.

Thank you xx

I had a band fitted nearly 2.5 yrs ago and waiting to have it out as it only worked for 5 months and I have had nothing but pain and trouble since then.
I am waiting to see if I can convert to a by-pass.
I did a lot of search prior to my op and thought i had made the best decision, and the band isnt permanent.
I have been seen my 2 NHS docs now who advise the band can stop working and the % of this happening is scarily high.
I was wondering whether to convert to the sleeve or bypass. One of my biggest struggles in my uncontrollable hunger and therefore apparently the band is best for me.
What you need to consider is why you need the band? Do you eat big portions? Do you have sweet tooth etc?
Then discuss or research which op will give you the best long term result.
I wish you well.
(I'm 26 soon so know how hard it is)
Take care
xx

Thanks beckiboo,

The consultant I saw did recomend me to have the bypass as my eating habbits, and I'm being referred to an eating disorder clinic as I binge a lot. Thank you for your advise I have a lot of thinking to do. X

From what I have read here and elsewhere the band works a treat for most people. Naturally you will have to make adjustments to the type and quantity of food you eat, but that is true of all WLS procedures.

There's no harm at all in giving the band a go. Your fears are only natural, everyone has them! Personally speaking I'd go for the band - but you are you and what you eventually decide must suit your purposes and your lifestyle.

Good luck!

Back