• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

homerton patients

angelicheart

AngelicHeart
:cry::wave_cry:hi all

i do really struggle trying to post something as i just can't figuer it out as yet, its me i am just thick:8855:.
another thing i am quite shy as well to post and a very bad with spelling:ashamed0005:

Ok i let you know how far i am with my journey that started since april this year, it has been really hard work with my doctor but with help and advice i managed to get the sleep teast which i have been dignosed with sleep apenoa and now i use the cpap every night and i am on iron tablets as been told by the doctor from the sleep center.
I have my first onsultation on the 11/10/10 homerton hospital, after the morning session i will meet with Mr mannur at the end of the day.

does anyone been and seen by mr Mannur '' not sure if i spelled the name wright'' where will i go from here? i am trying to have the surgery done by the NHS, i am not sure if i have been granted the funding, could you please tell me who would apply for the funding, i did have the top lady who authorise the funding and told me that i do meet the criteria and i would not have any problem with funding, i hope so.

Please if anyone went to homerton hospic for consultation inlight me and guide me, i have been send this form of questioner, is giving me a headach:cry: i will appriciat any help.

many thanks

Hello
I had my surgery done at the Homerton under Mr Mannurs team.
As you live in Cambridge and fit the criteria for the bypass then as far as I am aware your funding is already sorted!
That is because the Eastern Region Strategic Health Authority have a contract with Homerton and Luton.

If you have any questions about the forms please feel free to ask.
There are a few people here who have had their bypass etc done at the Homerton and I am sure they will help.

Take it easy
Shelley

:cry::wave_cry:hi all

i do really struggle trying to post something as i just can't figuer it out as yet, its me i am just thick:8855:.
another thing i am quite shy as well to post and a very bad with spelling:ashamed0005:

Ok i let you know how far i am with my journey that started since april this year, it has been really hard work with my doctor but with help and advice i managed to get the sleep teast which i have been dignosed with sleep apenoa and now i use the cpap every night and i am on iron tablets as been told by the doctor from the sleep center.
I have my first onsultation on the 11/10/10 homerton hospital, after the morning session i will meet with Mr mannur at the end of the day.

does anyone been and seen by mr Mannur '' not sure if i spelled the name wright'' where will i go from here? i am trying to have the surgery done by the NHS, i am not sure if i have been granted the funding, could you please tell me who would apply for the funding, i did have the top lady who authorise the funding and told me that i do meet the criteria and i would not have any problem with funding, i hope so.

Please if anyone went to homerton hospic for consultation inlight me and guide me, i have been send this form of questioner, is giving me a headach:cry: i will appriciat any help.

many thanks

Hi AH,

Don't worry about your spelling. I constantly use Google to check my spellings :). I didn't have any problems reading your post:).

Once you see Mr Mannur (very nice man), he will let you know if he is willing to do your op and any test he want done.

If he agrees, your case will need to be heard by the MDT (multi disciplinary team). If they agree they will apply for funding. I signed the papers to apply for funding the same day I saw Mr Mannur.

Once the MDT and my funding came through everything got moving pretty quickly.

If you have been told you meet the criteria, I don't think you should have a problem.

My PCT doesn't usually turn you down if you have a high BMI and comorbidities.

Let us know how you get on.

Pinky x

thank you so much guys,i feel relaxed, as for my BMI its its 57, i use this machine at night for sleep apnea when they did the test my score was around 23, been told by the doctor at the sleep center need iron medication, and i have sugar tolerance, my doctor didnt care really she said well i dont see what the fuss about as she asked me to do fasting blood test and it was 6.5 something like that.

can u believe she even send mr to addenbrook hopic for surgey unaware they do not do obisity surgery, and she kept they denied me and they will not fund and etc.

i started my journy since april this year, i cant waite for my first appointment, i hope i have the surgery and most important the funding.

I thank you all for your support and advice.

Is it Addenbrookes who referred you to Homerton?

I've been going to Addenbrookes to and it was them that referred me. But they applied for my funding (whish was agreed) and arranged my sleep tests so that Homerton didn't have to. I had my first appointment at Homerton on the 25/08 and am just waiting to hear now the results of my MDT meeting. So keeping everything crossed!

Hannah.

Back