• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

PoLL :- Average Fill to green zone?!?

BandedHun

Anyone want to put there ...

o Number of fills ?

o Time taken to achieve ?

o Amount of fill in band ?

See if we can see all the different levels of individuals and how they achieve their green zone.

Just thought it might be interesting to see everyone's different levels/experience in one place :-o

o Number of fills ? Honestly can't remember lol. I am five years out though - maybe five, possibly six :confused:

o Time taken to achieve ? To achieve what, your sweet spot? that's a moving feast!

As your stomach gets smaller and the fat around it goes, you need more restriction.

I lost a third of my excess weight with no fill ;)

o Amount of fill in band ? I have a 9 mil band but again I can't remember how much I have in - I think 8 mils. I will have to check back through my diary :D

5 days from 6 months post op just one fill up to 4ml. Thats been enough up to now! Think i may need another fill in the coming couple of months x

Number of fills - 7

Time taken to achieve - sweet spot/green zone still not there and it's been 2 years

o Amount of fill in band - 6ml in a 10ml band

I have 10.5 mils in 14 mil band. Had 7 or 8 fills over 15 months to achieve that. The sweet spot is a moving target as Mazza said. I am happy with my personal level of restriction (which is not very tight) as I then like to make the right food choices myself. I couldn't stand the hassle / spare for the time fill/defill/fill/defill cycle some banders go through. My last fill was 18 months ago and I think I may book myself in for an MOT so to speak in the next 12 months to check fluid levels as apparently over time some of the fluid in the band can 'disappear' naturally, but I am happy as I am for the timebeing.

Had 4ml in at surgery... Then 4 fills, I'm now 6.75ml in 10ml band and green... Becoming a little loose lately so may need another one soon..

up until last week I had 12.5mls in a band after 14 fills with no green sweet spot found am at 19 months post surgery.

My band is now totally empty. Potential leak and which may mean replacement and starting all over again, but 11 stone 2lb loss to date thanks to WW!

I had 4 fills and 1 defill as I had a stomach bleed (self induced) over a 4 month period. Hit the magic spot and boy was it magic, no hunger whatsoever, perfect restriction. I had 9mls in 14ml band.

I had a serious medical issue 5 months later which was nothing to do with the band but I had to get a late night emergency defill.

The band was removed at 10 months as no matter how fab the band is/was and I lost 40kg the port was a disaster and it had to go.

Bypass just so much and I mean SO much easier to have a normal life.

Had 1.8ml at surgery, then 3 further fills

In the green zone for the moment, it took 5 months (I might need one more small fill in future, but not now)

I'm 6.3 mls in a 10ml band

Back