• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First fill done

Mandie

Well the day finally arrived , i've been done .
i had my first fill today at Heartlands, i don't know why i was concerned , the staff were great , they explained everything and showed me on the screen where the band was and everything , it was reassuring to see the band was there and in the right place , the proceedure took about 30-40 mins, i have a 14ml band and 8.5 ml was injected in , ( the Dr said that it was a good amount for a first fill) , it felt a bit weird , pressure but no pain then i could feel the fluid going down. I met 5 -6 peope in the waiting room all at different stages , 1 lady had only had 1 fill since her op 12mths ago! .I had to drink 2 cups of water before i could leave , they stayed down so was on my way home within the hour . Since returning home i'v kept burping but i don't fancy anything to eat ,i thought i'd be starving due to having nothing since 7am . I intend to make every effort to make the band work and be more possitive .

Congrats on your first fill. xx

Thanx everyone , i'v felt the difference so far , 1/2 a tin of smooth chicken soup for tea last night, a milky coffee this morning , I felt like i'd ate a big dinner but no sickness. I just hope it lasts .x

Well yesterday was the first full day with restriction , i managed :
slimfast for breakfast and dinner
Chicken soup for tea
lots of water and a couple of milky coffee's
i felt ok , not full but not hungry either, i need to find some alternatives as this may get boring over the next wk .

Back