• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Port area hard and tender? Is this ok?

Summerband

Hi peeps

I have noticed today that I can feel a hard line from port towards top of stomach, I am guessing this is the tube leading from port to band. I have now lost nearly 3 stone and it may be just that I can feel it? It is a bit tender if I press it, but not painful. I also noticed a couple of times today that when I went from bending over to standing up that my port area twinged a tiny bit, just enough to remind me that it was there. Is this stuff normal and just due to weight loss? or should I contact provider?

it is normal as you lose weight that you may feel the port more, I know I certainly have, but of you have specific concerns then do contact your provider :)

Does it run vertically or horizontally. Mr super fitted my band too .. And mine runs from my port horizontally along one of my ribs. As tk said if its really concerning you ... Pick up the phone to your provider x

I can feel the same, if I lie flat I can feel its hard as yes but tender.

I feel a twitch now and again its not pain as such just not very nice especially from flat to upright position. I had a fill today and mentioned it. The nurse said its attached to a muscle so its normal to feel discomfort from the port as you stretch the muscle. Thinking about it now it is a muscle pain. She also said its normal to feel the port after couple of stone.

I can always feel its there attached to something which is a strange sensation. I wished I had phoned before to put my mind at rest. Give them a call.
Take care

Back