• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Where exactly is the port?

Hanako

Hi,
I have got a completely stupid question. Can anyone describe where exactly is the port? The reason I am asking is that I need to be able when I am sitting to be able to completely bend forward and push my upper body on my thigh without feeling any pain once everything is healed. I am worried that if the port is at the front, every time I bend forward I will be pushing onto it and it will become very uncomfortable/hurt (or I might even push it too deep). It would really help if the port could be sort of from side a little bit.

It depends! on your surgeon, the type of band etc.

Mine is on my left / middle under my left boob ;) and anchored onto my muscle wall, it doesn't move. Some are stitched and some do seem to move.

Sorry but no definative answer :confused:

Mine is in the same place as Mazza's (mines anchored also) x x

I watched a video (well several) on you tube and it seems it could be in various places as the previous answers suggest.

Some I saw on you tube were lower (just above belly button off set to the side) so I suppose maybe you should just make a specific request to the surgeon about where you want if put haha!

(I've just been approved for band so early days for me) hence the you tube-ing! :)
Bex x

Hello mine centre under my breast mayb just slightly a little more to left.

Am nearly 6weeks post op and I can honestly say it does not cause me pain when I bend down.
Exercise does not hurt am a hairdresser and on my feet and no pain plus running after two kids as well it's completely fine

I hope this helps
Lisa x

Mine is 5cm up from my tummy button and 8cm to the left, exactly on waist line. I don't notice it bending, sitting or sleeping on it and I can feel my port quite clearly.

Mine isn't anchored at all, had a bit of a problem with the anchor!

Thank you very much for your response. It is really helpful. Can I clarify, if you pushed with flat hand on the spot where the port is, would that hurt? In some of the exercises I need to be able to do, the top of my thigh is pushing quite a lot into my stomach. Is it doable with the port, or should I try to request that the port is more to the left if at all possible?

I think if you told us exactly what you need to do we could give you a better answer, for instance you say your thigh pushes into your stomach, upper or lower?

Mine doesn't and has never hurt, flat hand pushing, exercise, driving etc

Mine doesn't hurt at all...whatever i do. Now I have lost weight I can see and feel the port. I can also see the tube under my skin. While the port is stitched, depending on what position I am in, effects exactly where I find the port. But it's on my left hand side under by ribs when I stand up.

Mine does not Hurt and I can push it only time I have a little trouble but again don't hurt is after I've eaten it go hard but again it don't hurt
Hope this helps
Lisa x

I can poke, prod, flatten in any manner of ways and it doesn't hurt at all.

I wore some jeans at the weekend that moved the port to the left a bit, mine's not anchored, a bit alarming at the time, but didn't feel it move and wasn't aware of it, just had a feel in relation to my scar. It's gone back to it's normal place when I took them off.

I think if you told us exactly what you need to do we could give you a better answer, for instance you say your thigh pushes into your stomach, upper or lower?

Mine doesn't and has never hurt, flat hand pushing, exercise, driving etc

Ok, I will describe it, but please don't laugh! My hobby is figure skating; I need to be able to do sit spin. That's a position when you are squatting on one leg (and spinning). When you do sit spin, to keep balance your upper body needs to be leaning forward otherwise you loose balance and fall on your bottom. Usually figure skaters are stick thin and therefore they have no problem. I am definitely not stick thin, I am even bigger than 'just overweight' and therefore I have my stomach in the way, so I am pushing my stomach quite hard onto my thigh. It is a similar feeling like if you are sitting on a chair and lean forward as far as you can (put your stomach on your legs), but when sitting on a chair your thigh would be horizontal, whereas when doing sit spin your thigh is at angle (your bottom is lower than your knee) and therefore to keep balance you need to really lean forward. I am wondering, if there is the port, if it will be hurting or if I may push it more inside than it should be...

Hello

When I was a lot younger I used to do figure skating and not blowing my own trumpet I think I was good I used to belong to a team. But in thinking that don't think u need to be great just parents will to pay and take u to lesson 3 x a week.

Haven't been ice skating in ages well about 2 years
But I try tried with out being on ice ie in my own home and got to say I could not spin but it never hurt and I never felt it at all again like I said It prob not the best but I did give it ago

To my kids laughing at me x

Skating is great, it makes me feel like if I am flying. But the extra weight I am carrying can make it at times quite difficult. Also I noticed if I say to a stranger that I am skating, the look they throw at me and I can nearly hear how they are thinking "you"?

Hanako said:
Skating is great, it makes me feel like if I am flying. But the extra weight I am carrying can make it at times quite difficult. Also I noticed if I say to a stranger that I am skating, the look they throw at me and I can nearly hear how they are thinking "you"?

I really don't think it matter what size u are as long as ur happy I have roller skates and love them and am big but it great fun !! Plus my kids like a fun mum x

Back