• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Over eating with the band anyone?

chezza1

Hi all
Im now 3 weeks post op and have been doing really well. Ive been sticking to really healthy foods and have not let myself get to the point where im really full but yesterday i had sunday lunch and felt abit full more than i normally have. I cannot make my mind up if i have over eaten or if i slept on the side of my port. I feel really tender round my port area today and keep getting the odd bruised pain. I have never really had any pain from the band being fitted so its freaking me out a little. Has anyone over eaten and had pain?????:cry:ive never been sick or had to take any pain killers before and my port area seems to feel hard. :eek: I only ate soft food not anything hard or meats just mash and veg etc.

hi chezza im constantly worrie dim over eating and i think to be honest i am my daily food now at 4wks
breackfast boiled egg slice of bread
lunch ham and tomatoe sandwich bag of baked cheese curls crisps
dinner chicken casserole veg
most evenings starving so have 2 slices of toast the weight watchers bread and usually 2 pieces of fruit thru day

its hard my portions sizes are never right cant wait to go back to see dietician and get filled
i have only once been uncomfortable and had eaten way to much but it didnt last long just follow your instincts with what im eating now im not feeling full or uncomfortable . i can eat anything except crusty bread which i suppose is not a bad thing but im struggling

hi
i have over filled alot the past week and i have to stop as i am rushing off and being sick.. thats if i have had only a teaspoon too much. on sunday it was that bad i though i had pulled a muscle because just kept being sick..
emma

In Sharon Osbournes second book she talks about overeating on the band....its really interesting actually. Although she did it for so long so had to have it removed.
Taz x

Hiya all thanx for the posts. I went back for my first appointment today to see wendy and steve and they were amazed at how i was doing. i am only 3 weeks post op today but have had quite a few foods that wern't mush. Wendy seemed to think it was down to me sleeping funny has i hadn't ever been sick or in any pain. I am suppose to be on mush so ive decided to watch what im having and chew more. I have lost 11lbs since having the band fitted and a stone and half from just before pre op. im only small round my waist so where the port is its more prominent than others and she says due to this it will give me a bruised feeling sometimes with the knocking it around on day to day activities. I feel really good on myself apart from this hickup. I had to find out for myself about the band and took mum along today for her appointment and she is now going in to have one fitted in two weeks.
I really wanted mum to wait until i had gone through most of the stages to see what it was like and if there was any problems etc im that pleased i told mum to get in straight away for it doing if thats what she wanted. I feel i have reversed roles with mum and she is the child telling her to wait but i had to be sure because mum has some health issues with diabetes, angina and asthma athritis but the nurse says her asthma and diabetes will go when the band is fitted, How cool is that. Sorry for the ramble but had to get it off my chest. Thanx again for your posts. The people on this site have really helped me through the worst of times. Cheryl.xxx

Haha everyone is fighting over my wardrobes you can all have them with bluddy pleasure but what am i suppose to do??? well i did say i would run round naked in the street when i hit my target so i guess i will have to stick to my word lol.x

Ah so glad you got it sorted you sound so much happier now...and well done to your mum for taking the plunge her health will improve in no time....xx

Thanx Charlie im sure she will do well bless her she is an expert with me going on all the time lol.
Carn't wait for her to be on the loosing side but at the same time im terrified for her. I lost my Dad 16 months ago so i want to make sure she has the best for her and her health.

She will be fine and it must ease her mind knowing that you have been through it and she will know everything in what to expect. I found that by researching on here gave me enough knowledge to actually help the surgeon last night as I knew what he was talking about and your mum has a walking talking researcher in you lol..xx

Hiya CG mum sure does she got her date today she goes in on the 22nd of this month bless her well my friend is going for the band so i decided to book them in on the same day. I asked doc if they could get their bands half price and be topped and tailed in bed lol dont fancy running from room to room in hospital. The docs think im nuts im sure and have invited me and Cazza along to a house party their having on the 25th and its fancy dress. I will get my feet under anyones table lol.Docs party sure could be fun.x

Back