• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Port

scnewbie

Hi I'm wondering is it normal to be able to feel the port on top of your skin. I'm 12 days post op and feeling fine but only noticed that I could feel this under my skin there's still a slight niggling pain there but nothing huge.

Mine was an alien by the time it had finished with me :cry:

It's in a box on the stairs now, so I can kick it if I want to :)

I can feel mine and see the shape of it through my skin. Sometimes i feel it more after a gym session. Weird but worth it!!

I cAn see mine now I've lost weight.. Sticking out just a little.. I love getting squeamish friends to have a feel!!

I got my personal trainer to feel mine through my top so as he knew why I moaned that it pulled when doing abs work. He is really squeamish and wanted to throw up. Us nurses are always the worst!!

Mines really obvious now its not got its padding. Hard...protrudes like half a golfball. It does look like an alien. I can also see the tubing. Sad maybe, but I get pleasure from having it there to remind me, I am not alone and I need to look after them :rolleyes:

Mine's been really obvious from day 1 but I don't mind as apart from my wife nobody else sees it but I have developed a bad habit of using it like a bongo drum playing with two fingers through my shirt, I sometimes realise that I'm doing it in company and quickly stop before they ask me what on earth I am doing.

I can't feel my port at all - hope they remembered to put it in! That would be fun when I go for my first fill lol

Back