• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Random tightness

Meggie moo

Hi there I've had my band since September and no issues so far lost just under 3.5 stone so chuffed to bits. I have 6.5ml in 10ml band and had last fill 8th January (5 weeks ago) and the last few days have noticed my band feels tighter and my port tender - no idea if its totm as had coil fitted in November and all over the place with period at the moment (but not noticed tightening before) - any ideas? Not too worried as still able to eat and drink just curious x

top_kat

There will be significant changes through the month as to when it will feel tighter, you may find that its tighter in the morning than it is at night for example, for some people it does change with the time of the month.

I have a coil fitted and as such do not get the TOTM, but I can still tell from the way my band feels how it changes within the month which is rather strange. My provider also explained that the port area can be more tender as you lose weight as it can press or "lean" on the muscles surrounding it - or that you may do some form of exercise which you hadn't done before which can also affect it. If you have any concerns I would contact your provider. :)

Meggie moo

There will be significant changes through the month as to when it will feel tighter, you may find that its tighter in the morning than it is at night for example, for some people it does change with the time of the month.

I have a coil fitted and as such do not get the TOTM, but I can still tell from the way my band feels how it changes within the month which is rather strange. My provider also explained that the port area can be more tender as you lose weight as it can press or "lean" on the muscles surrounding it - or that you may do some form of exercise which you hadn't done before which can also affect it. If you have any concerns I would contact your provider. :)

Thanks TK x

I did try those vibration plates last week and wonder if these have effected it - maybe lol x

pollybree

You both have had really good weight losses with the band and Meggie Moo I am about the same weight as you were when you started so it just goes to show that the band does and can work if you look after yourself, I am waiting for my 1st appointment with the NHS in 2 weeks, my funding is secure now but I have to lose a stone before they will do the op, Its a weight loss really that could potentially change my life.

Meggie moo

You both have had really good weight losses with the band and Meggie Moo I am about the same weight as you were when you started so it just goes to show that the band does and can work if you look after yourself, I am waiting for my 1st appointment with the NHS in 2 weeks, my funding is secure now but I have to lose a stone before they will do the op, Its a weight loss really that could potentially change my life.

Pollybree I don't regret a single thing about it x

I would never have lost this weight in the same time and so relatively easy.

The compliments I keep getting and generally how much more confident I feel - I'm actually living and enjoying life again :)

top_kat

It is possible that the vibration plates could have had an affect. No-one told me I had to restrict sit ups LOL so started using a machine in my gym circuit (mines a fixed 30 min circuit) and then it took me a while to work out what the pain was - in fact it was quite intense at times and went up to Birmingham so they could check it and to have a fill - we worked out that I shouldn't have been doing them (the nurse said not before 12 weeks but the main man at my provider advises avoiding them ongoing) but yes things like that can affect the port area.

If I do a lot of weights in the gym I can sometimes feel a little tender around the area, this has become more noticeable since I've lost the most recent 2 stone.

Meggie moo

Nuts how exercising can effect it lol have now hired the vibration plate as have arthritis so struggle with the gym - will keep you posted on good and bad effects of it lol

On the plus side I was booked for another fill sat just gone but I cancelled as my band felt tighter - thank goodness I did!