• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Portion sizes

Katieluvbunny

im 3 months out and have noticed I'm starting to manage larger portion sizes than I was a couple of weeks ago, no where near as large as pre op but is this normal?

I'm around the same point and I can eat slightly more now too. I think it's as swelling goes down and we heal internally. I was told I'll eventually manage a side plate sized portion three times a day. The texture of the food makes a big difference too. Are you worried you'll eat too much a stretch your pouch? I worry sometimes but I think we'd have to force ourselves to keep eating and it'd be painful and it'd need to keep happening to actually do that.

It had crossed my mind that I was stretching my pouch, I guess I'm just worrying as I don't know anyone that has had this done. I have my group meeting in a couple of weeks, I'm going to write down everything I be been worrying about and ask if they are normal or not

That's the best thing to do :) I sometimes worry that if I stop paying attention I'll somehow eat loads without noticing but then realise my body can't physically take more than a small portion. It's still early days for us even if it doesn't feel like it and I'm finding a balance now between paying enough attention but not obsessing. After so long of failed diets and gaining weight even when I stuck to portion sizes etc it takes a while to relax enough to trust the tool we have to do the work. You're doing really well though so you must be doing it right :)

Back