• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POSE Surgery

I'm so sorry there are some of you who have not had the success you hoped for and are still dealing with the hunger issues. I know alot of money has been paid for this procedure and to not have the level of improvement you were told you would have has got to be frustrating.

And it's scaring me. My friend and I both are scheduled for this procedure with Dr. Lavin in Louisiana on the 21st. After reading your posts I have some questions if you all don't mind.

Dr. Lavin says he is now making larger folds and has increased the total number of anchors to between 12 and 17 due to better tools. How many anchors were you all given when you had your surgery?

The other questions I have are about the surgery itself. Were any of you intubated? I've looked up intubation (because Dr. Lavin's patient video says that we will be intubated during surgery) and it looks like there is intubation for breathing but that it could also mean something else when endoscopic procedures are done. It's the weekend so I can't ask the office staff about this til Monday. I'm wondering if in the case of this surgery, intubation just means the tube inserted for the surgery or full on intubation with a vent and all. Any info?? This detail is kind of freaking me out to be honest.

Also, are any of you smokers? Did you quit before surgery or did you keep smoking and still smoke? How, if at all, did it effect you if you didn't quit and are still smoking?

How did you make it through the liquid/full liquid/mushy stage afterward? Were you hungry during that time or did it all start after you were back to normal foods?

We are about to shell out $11,700 for this procedure and neither of us want to spend the money if you all had the same number of anchors we will be getting and it's still not working for you so I thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions. And again, I am so sorry that you all are having a difficult and frustrating time.

Krystal

Hey Toots,
I also had a relatively low BMI (around the 30 mark) so it was the only option. However, doing nothing was not an option either as my weight was increasing. Probably my slow weight loss is because I don't have that much, relatively speaking, to lose but it's still disappointingly low and slow. I DO eat less but only because there is a feeling of fullness but it doesn't last. I get so hungry sometimes that, when mealtime arrives, I tend to eat quicker than prescribed (30 mins). As a generalisation I have been told to not eat the type of stuff we would not eat on a diet e.g. choc, sugar, alcohol, fizzy drinks; in other words the stuff we know we shouldn't be having such as fatty, sugary, wasted calories.
I don't know what to say to you regarding the procedure. Given that it may be your only option maybe it's better than nothing - I don't know. Let us know what you do decide - will be really interested to follow your journey.

Lyn x

Hi Lyn

I meant you and me plus others .I was having a really bad week when i wrote that message but its becoming worrying .I hope this passes and i do better .I lost 3lb this week so i should be happy but it was due to tiny amounts of food and a slight constant hunger .Does this sound familiar to you
.Total loss 20lb I'm now 14 st 10 .Still a long way to go .
Hi Liz,
3lbs is a good weight loss! But I think I know what you're saying - the hunger sensation is there more so than if you'd had a sleeve etc.? Trouble is how can we maintain the small quantities of food (I felt so dizzy at the gym the other day and kind of lacked energy) and keep ignoring the feelings of hunger? You say you have a 'slight constant hunger' so, to answer your question, yes, it's there all the time too.
Realistically, I don't think we're being negative - I think we're telling it like it is. Maybe more research needs to go into the procedure.......
Keep letting me know what's happening with you. I haven't yet spoken further to my surgeon. As you know I have to make a phone appointment so it can be difficult to get a mutually convenient time - but it's going to have to be done, possibly the week after next.

Lyn xx

I'm so sorry there are some of you who have not had the success you hoped for and are still dealing with the hunger issues. I know alot of money has been paid for this procedure and to not have the level of improvement you were told you would have has got to be frustrating.

And it's scaring me. My friend and I both are scheduled for this procedure with Dr. Lavin in Louisiana on the 21st. After reading your posts I have some questions if you all don't mind.

Dr. Lavin says he is now making larger folds and has increased the total number of anchors to between 12 and 17 due to better tools. How many anchors were you all given when you had your surgery?

The other questions I have are about the surgery itself. Were any of you intubated? I've looked up intubation (because Dr. Lavin's patient video says that we will be intubated during surgery) and it looks like there is intubation for breathing but that it could also mean something else when endoscopic procedures are done. It's the weekend so I can't ask the office staff about this til Monday. I'm wondering if in the case of this surgery, intubation just means the tube inserted for the surgery or full on intubation with a vent and all. Any info?? This detail is kind of freaking me out to be honest.

Also, are any of you smokers? Did you quit before surgery or did you keep smoking and still smoke? How, if at all, did it effect you if you didn't quit and are still smoking?

How did you make it through the liquid/full liquid/mushy stage afterward? Were you hungry during that time or did it all start after you were back to normal foods?

We are about to shell out $11,700 for this procedure and neither of us want to spend the money if you all had the same number of anchors we will be getting and it's still not working for you so I thank you in advance for taking the time to answer my questions. And again, I am so sorry that you all are having a difficult and frustrating time.

Krystal
Hi Krystal,
Interesting that you and your friend are having this done but with more anchors and larger folds - wonder how much of a difference it will make.
I had 11 anchors put in. I don't know what you mean about 'intubation'. Nobody mentioned that to me. I was only told this procedure is done endoscopically and that appealed to me as there was no surgery involved. No, I'm not a smoker.
Don't know if any of this is useful - at this stage, it's all a bit disappointing.

Lyn

I dont think you guys are being overly negative, you are being honest, and that is appreciated; it means that everyone else can make their choice fully informed.
Mine us scheduled and paid for and i am going to have it, but will discuss the points you guys have shared with the surgeon.
When I saw him he said that there were adjustments being made to the procedure compared to when he first did it (in relation to a discussion on clinical data) he talked about a feeling of fullness early on in eating but did not directly say I would stop feeling hungry, but that my food consumption would drop..... I eat far too much.....
He also said that loss may be slower than other methods but that in retraining eating habits it was hoped that the weight would stay off ..... I am a classic yo yo dieter and lose/regain the same weight repeatedly.
I guess it is the long term that sold it to me, and the fact that there seems to be no chance of future corrective surgery.
I really really appreciate your comments and hope you do continue to lose and reach your goals
I am also happy to put questions to my surgeon about cocerns, appetite, hunger etc
Take care
Tootsx

Hi Toots, where are you having your surgery? I am booked in to Leeds Nuffield this coming Tuesday at 7am,
I am very disappointed to hear how unhappy some of you are with your weight loss so far...i know its going to be hard but i think exercise plays a huge role in the weightloss, and i aim to attend the gym 6 days a week as i am currently unemployed and have nothing better to do! lol!
I hope you all start to feel a bit better about the surgery soon! :-( xx

Hi ksinger
I am booked into Southampton Spire on monday 20th, pm
Already feeling nervous.....very near for you, are you excited?
I would really appreciate knowing how it goes and also how you feel after, I have 3 days booked off work, am also not sure how i will explain sudden non eating to colleagues!
Take care
Tootsx

For some reason im just not nervous atall!! i think its because i know im not getting cut open! and i really just want to get on with my new life style so more than anything im excited! Not too pleased to hear that some POSE'rs really are not happy with their results but everyone is different and i hope i can make it work for me and be as determined as possible! i work as a professional singer and struggle to get work at the size i am so it is cruicial that i change my life style and loose around 2 stone...
I haven't been told anything about the post op diet as it stands so i hope nuffield will fill me in when i get there!!
Good luck for the 20th! x

Post op diet

Ps.... I posted post op diet further up on the thread--i a
can post the puree info too if you'd like?
They emailed it all to me in advance as i wanted to get my head rpund the puree food!!
I agree re no cuts, makes it less overwhelming :)

oh thankyou that would be great! I would really like to see what type of mushy stuff we're expected to eat over the next month! :)
Where are you having your surgery done?

ARGHHHHHHHHH!! I was meant to be having my surgery at 7am tomorrow morning so i rang the hospital today to confirm it was going ahead which they said yes and so they asked me to pay over the phone which i did, £6,800. And at 7pm this evening (12 hours before im due to have the procedure) they ring me to tell me they have to cancel because a surgeon cant make it!!!!!! I'm absolutley furios!!! I'm going to get my money back

That is appalling, you poor thing, so sorry
Did they give a reason?
I would be livid
Thinking of you
Tootsx

Well apparently one of the surgeons can't make it!
I didnt actually speak to them though it was my dad who took the call as i was out for a few hours...
I wonder if I can get my money back because i dont have any free time to have the surgery now until september and i dont think i want to go through with them anymore!!

i

:mad: that is terrible!!
I have no idea re moneyback etc; i never thought to ask re cancellation etc; i can understand why you'd lose faith in them, the decision to have surgery and the emotional build up is immense, you must be devastated
So sorry
Tootsx

That really is bad. Apart from the emotional build-up I guess you just want to get it over with. When they do this procedure a whole team is involved. Have you got the refund yet - if so, will you go elsewhere?
How horribly disappointing for you! Grrrrr.

Lyn x

Back