• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POSE Surgery

Hi there
Well, one week on and 10lbs off!!
I have had an ok week but very tired (and, i suspect, grumpy!!)being on the liquid diet.
Kayekaye i hope you are doing well, how are you feeling? Today is the first day i have not had sensation in my tummy so less aware of having had it done
I have not had increased heart race but know i am responding differently to food as I tend to get a flushed face after eating due to low glycogen stores.

Interesting about GI.....which book do you have Scottt? I was told 3 meals a day and a snack mid morning and mid afternoon due to consuming less at meal times.

Take care
Tootsx

Hi Lyn/Toots

The book i got is called GI Basics and is also on E-Bay for 2.99 i only checked after i had bought it in a store .It gives a proper list of everyday items .The nurse did say to watch the calorie content on some low GI foods .We will have to do it the old fashioned way.It seems we all got different rules but i think 4-5 small meals is the best way to go and does seem to be working so far .Ive decided its now or never to lose weight so i will have to bite the bullet and just be hungry some of the time .My friend with the gastric band was given the "little but often "diet after surgery and she would forget to eat and then be really hungry and eat larger potions later in the day causing bloating .

Hi Liz/Toots,

I came onto the site to ask what the GI book was - but Toots pre-empted me. I don't think I've ever forgotten to eat - that would be a brilliant experience!

Lyn xx

Hi, can anyone give me some tips on things you used during the full liquid stage? I just finished my 3rd day and I'm already getting bored with it. I've got pudding, yogurt, cream of potato soup, meal replacement drinks. Basically, the no brainer stuff. Can anyone tell me what types of things you ate to change it up? Still have 6 days of this to get through and I think I need some major help figuring out how to get myself through this without going slap crazy, LOL. Thanks in advance!

Krystal

Hi Krystal,

I really just kept to things like yogurt, soup, meal replacement drinks - and it is boring, there's no getting away from that. I also bought flavoured milk drinks and powders to flavour ordinary milk with. When you get on to pureed food e.g. tuna mashed with mayo, scrambled eggs it's like a treat. So there's something to look forward to.

Lynda

It sounds heavenly Lynda, LOL. I can't wait to mix me up some egg and tuna salad minus the relish!! And make some mashed cauliflower. And mashed pinto beans and purple hull peas, oh my!!! I can't believe how excited I am about healthy stuff, LOL. I feel like I'm getting in too many calories for too little satisfaction with the drinks and cream soups. 5 1/2 more days. I pray I can make it. I wish I could just sleep til then, lol. On the bright side, I'm down 10 lbs in a week and a day. But 5 of those days was spent on clear liquids so I'm sure the weight loss is going to slow down and possibly even stall when I first start mashed foods.

Off the subject but I hope everyone reads this and will pass it along to everyone else they know that has had this procedure and possibly even your doctor's. I am going now to start a POSE Procedure Patient group on Facebook. I hope you all will come join it :) I'm desperate for interraction with as many as possible who have had this.

God bless!
Krystal

Edit: Facebook group is created! Search "POSE Procedure Group" to request to join :)

Last edited:
Hi Lynda

Well the new eating programme seems to be working .I have lost 2lb since monday .I have eaten 4 small meals every day .scram eggs and a wheat bagel for breakfast ,tuna salad for lunch and chcken and veg in the evening .I also eat jelly and fruit a couple of times a day .This is an actual diet plan i was given so i thought i would pass it on to you .I also have a half of a bagel before bed as it seems to stop me being really hungry in the morning .I hope this helps a bit .I spoke to the nurse again today and she said the op wouldn't stop me wanting to eat unhealthy foods .Which is no surprise to me.Speak soon .

Hi all,

Just an update, I've lost about 2 stones since February. I think I'm eating about 20% less since the pose but I've replaced lunch with a slim fast drink and yogurt or 2 pieces of fruit. I'm also filling my stomach with about 3 cups of tea and about 1/2 a litre of water. Lots of people have noticed my weight loss and it is obvious. I think the pose is a tool to support weight loss and not a solution in itself.

Good luck everyone and best wishes.

Hey everyone! Hope you are all doing awesome! Have you all found after getting off of the post op diet any foods you can no longer tolerate? I've read over and over how with the sleeve they can't eat coconut, or popcorn and sometimes even meat. I'm wondering if that is ever the case for a POSE patient. I'm still on full liquids, UGH!, but want to mentally prepare myself for any types of foods that for some reason, like our anchors, that I should not ever have again. Thanks in advance!

Krystal

Hi Liz,

Just a quick reply to your post for now. Many thanks for the 'heads up' on the eating plan. I def think it's the way forward - and will use your suggestions. If you do anything else by way of what you eat please let me know.
Will be in touch again - hope to have something more substantial to tell you.

Lyn xx

Hi Liz,

Just a quick reply to your post for now. Many thanks for the 'heads up' on the eating plan. I def think it's the way forward - and will use your suggestions. If you do anything else by way of what you eat please let me know.
Will be in touch again - hope to have something more substantial to tell you.

Lyn xx
Me again, Liz,

Was thinking overnight about your eating plan. Where did you get the plan from? I need something to tell me exactly what to eat and when. Really glad it's working for you - and you're not getting so hungry either? That's gotta be a bonus!!
Thanks in advance.

Lyn xx

No loss this week!?!

Well, i have been 100% compliant this week and lost nothing.:cry:...very frustrated as expected something gone at the end of week two + liquids only.
All i have had are soups, yoghurt and s/f jelly and drinks.
Did anyone else experience this? Were ny cals too low 500-700 a day? I have been horribly tired.:sigh:
Hoping for a scales shift soon.....
Tootsx

Tootsx, I think we are in starvation mode and holding on to some weight. Also, alot of soups have a high sodium content so we could be retaining some fluids as well. I've not lost near what I thought I would being on liquids. I'm at about 13 lbs. But, I think my calorie intake is low like yours is and the liquids are going straight through us so I wonder how much of the calories we are actually absorbing anyway. Hoping when starting mashed/pureed to rev the metabolism up with some real food that is given time to digest. What are you planning on doing for the mashed/pureed stage and your meals?

Niffnash are you still about? Haven't heard anything from you for a while (I know it's difficult for you to post stuff) but wondered if you're ok.
Is there some way of making contact?

Lyn x

Well? How is everyone doing? I'm down 16 lbs, it's been 2 weeks and 3 days. Hoping this continues. Hope to see updates from you all!

Krystal

Good going krystal :)
Having lost nothing week 2, the move onto mushies has seen me lose another 5 1/2 lbs and my bmi is now (just) 28 :)
Am still tired alot, i cannot eat much at all, and am now hungry between meals but 2 tablespoons natural greek yoghurt fills me up.
I have either 1/3 banana & greek yog or 1 weetabix for breakfast
Lunch is lentil soup or 1/2 tub cottage cheese and tuna and dinner is pureed chicken casserole and veggies or bolognese etc
I have changed shape and my clothes no longer look like they are battling with me!!! I must admit I have had a square of chocolate on 3 days....but stop at one square so feel in control. I will be happy to lose 2lbs a week til target now as i feel i have had a real boost.
I do sometimes get a 'twinge' in my tummy- it feels different physically and i burp alot ....... Anyone get this?
Take care
Toots x

Last edited:
Hey Toots1! Well, we are on week 3 now, woohoo! I still have some twinges here and there. I messed up and ate something with jalapeno's in it on week 2 and one specific area felt like it was on fire! But by the end of the next day it was gone so I guess maybe one anchor was still a little raw or something.

I'm down 18 lbs now. But I'm sure I'll stall for at least another day or so because it's that time of month, joy. I've eating some well torn apart cauliflower the last 2 days and really enjoyed it, ate a fried egg wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla with the excess tortilla torn off this morning. For supper tonight I ate about a cup of chicken flavored rice with some of the cauliflower in it and it seems to have settled well. I have about 2 meals a day since I tend to sleep in with it being summer and the kiddo out of school. But in between I'll have one of the cold coffee drinks, like a 100 calorie frappucino or one of Monster's Java Monster energy drinks. Lots and lots of water. I pray everything keeps going in the right direction. I'm really happy with the progress right now. Not out of my clothes yet but I think I was in denial about truly needing to go up another size when I had surgery. Everything is much more comfortable now for sure. Hopefully in another 10 lbs I'll be able to drop down a size.

One thing I need to work on is paying attention to protein. I take a multi vitamin but I know protein is key. I really want some of the protein powder that is flavorless that I can sprinkle on my food or mix in with my water.

Glad you are doing so well Toots1! Hope to hear back from you soon!!

Krystal

Hi Lynda

Hope your ok .My laptop has been out of action for a coupLe of week but ok now i'm still finding it difficult so i have joined the camebridge diet for a quick fix as it has worked for me in the past . I may as well be hungry with big weight loses and do it quickly and then go on the maintenance programme .Hope your ok .has anybody heard from shax .

Hi Lynda

Hope your ok .My laptop has been out of action for a coupLe of week but ok now i'm still finding it difficult so i have joined the camebridge diet for a quick fix as it has worked for me in the past . I may as well be hungry with big weight loses and do it quickly and then go on the maintenance programme .Hope your ok .has anybody heard from shax .
Good to hear from you at last, Liz. Was wondering what happened to you. So - the Cambridge diet, huh? I've been to see my consultant following my disappointment, disenchantment, feelings of failure etc. I won't go into what he said on the forum - I'll send you a private thread if that's ok (?).
No, haven't heard from Shax or Niffnash - hope they're ok.

Lynda xxx

Back