• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

POSE Surgery

POSE -Help!

Hi all,
Well done for your weight loss and for having the courage and the time to share your experiences.

I feel i have researched the pose for a few weeks now and feel this is the correct tool for me as the Wrap, although cheaper in Prague, which i considered earlier involves stitches as it's invasive surgery.

I contacted a company today to be told the price is £8000 (more than double the price of the Wrap). The reply states " The price includes the device implantation and removal after 12 months. This price also includes dietitian input through not only the year of implantation but also for a year after removal".

This is where i come stuck, as i class myself as intelligent yet i didn't find through my research that something has to be removed after 12 months. So i ask myself why has no one mentioned this/ have i been given the wrong advice?

Please help as i feel i have been knocked back to square 1.
Thanks

is anyone else as disappointed in this procedure as me? I lost 3 stone (which was down to motivation after spending 7.5k and going through surgery because the anchors didn't help after a fortnight), and I have managed to put a stone back on.

My surgeon was very evasive when I asked him how much it would reduce the stomach capacity by in my initial consultation. I think now he probably had a good idea.

I can eat just as much as I did before. I had fish, chips, peas and a breadcake the other night. Ate all of it and was looking for more food an hour later. I should not have been able to fit all that in my stomach if this surgery was of any benefit at all.

I feel robbed, I'm in debt for something that didn't work. They should never have done it without giving us more information first and they've taken all other wls options away from me because of the money I've spent on this.

I feel like asking for my money back! And my advice to anyone considering this surgery is don't bother. If there is any chance of you getting the sleeve - do that instead. That is the one where you will be slim on, this one lasts a month. :mad:

is anyone else as disappointed in this procedure as me? I lost 3 stone (which was down to motivation after spending 7.5k and going through surgery because the anchors didn't help after a fortnight), and I have managed to put a stone back on.

My surgeon was very evasive when I asked him how much it would reduce the stomach capacity by in my initial consultation. I think now he probably had a good idea.

I can eat just as much as I did before. I had fish, chips, peas and a breadcake the other night. Ate all of it and was looking for more food an hour later. I should not have been able to fit all that in my stomach if this surgery was of any benefit at all.

I feel robbed, I'm in debt for something that didn't work. They should never have done it without giving us more information first and they've taken all other wls options away from me because of the money I've spent on this.

I feel like asking for my money back! And my advice to anyone considering this surgery is don't bother. If there is any chance of you getting the sleeve - do that instead. That is the one where you will be slim on, this one lasts a month. :mad:
oh niffnash thats awful :( i really feel for you :( what a waste of money!! is there no way that you can try and get some money back? poor you, good luck xxx

thanks Caren, it's not even about the money - it's the disappointment of thinking I would keep the weight off for the rest of my days, and it not happening. Most of my family have had the sleeve and they are all very successful. My aunt had the band which didn't work for her and this certainly didn't work for me!

If anyone with a similar experience would like to talk about this on email please let me know!

Niffnash

Thanks for your good advice and i will certainly be reconsidering my options as i will only ever have 1 chance at WLS too, so i need to collect as much info as possible. Your honest advice has steered me away from the POSE so i'm thinking of having the Wrap in Prague instead.

Can i ask if you have spoken to your surgeon as the POSE is a new procedure and has only been around for about 4 years so the consultant may invite you back to put more anchors in rather than have prospective customers put of by his/her bad work?
Can i ask who did yours, at which hospital?

How did you agree on how many anchors you needed in the first place, what history did you discuss?

I've discovered some people have had 14 anchors minimum ( i think) and have had to return to have more about 26 anchors, others have had up to 30. I therefore feel there must be room for some negotiation for you as they have definitely got yours wrong.

If this was another type of product bought in a shop, say, a 32" TV and they only delivered a 16" then it would be replaced or refunded- sounds a mad comparison but it's true!

I lost 5 stone in 2010, and got back into 10/12 jeans and enjoyed the glory.Then I put it all back on again by 2011 (lighter Life). I always find it easy to loose weight and enjoy the journey however as soon as i went back on to food it was like turning a switch back on and the hunger i felt was unbearable really, really unbearable.

Yes i was provided with the tools but they didn't work for me therefore I know I need the nerve that sends the hunger messages to my brain removed, which I believe the SLEEVE does, however i'm not sure about having that done or the WRAP, therefore i need to research it further.

If i were you I would show this message and the rest that you receive from other WLS followers to your consultant just to let him/her know the effects that it has had on you and how you feel you need to share your honest facts with others who have been following your journey on this site.

Good Luck

Niffnash

Thanks for your good advice and i will certainly be reconsidering my options as i will only ever have 1 chance at WLS too, so i need to collect as much info as possible. Your honest advice has steered me away from the POSE so i'm thinking of having the Wrap in Prague instead.

Can i ask if you have spoken to your surgeon as the POSE is a new procedure and has only been around for about 4 years so the consultant may invite you back to put more anchors in rather than have prospective customers put of by his/her bad work?

How did you agree on how many anchors you needed in the first place, what history did you discuss?

I've discovered some people have had 14 anchors minimum ( i think) and have had to return to have more about 26 anchors, others have had up to 30. I therefore feel there must be room for some negotiation for you as they have definitely got yours wrong.

If this was another type of product bought in a shop, say, a 32" TV and they only delivered a 16" then it would be replaced or refunded- sounds a mad comparison but it's true!

I lost 5 stone in 2010, and got back into 10/12 jeans and enjoyed the glory.Then I put it all back on again by 2011 (lighter Life). I always find it easy to loose weight and enjoy the journey however as soon as i went back on to food it was like turning a switch back on and the hunger i felt was unbearable really, really unbearable.

Yes i was provided with the tools but they didn't work for me therefore I know I need the nerve that sends the hunger messages to my brain removed, which I believe the SLEEVE does, however i'm not sure about having that done or the WRAP, therefore i need to research it further.

If i were you I would show this message and the rest that you receive from other WLS followers to your consultant just to let him/her know the effects that it has had on you and how you feel you need to share your honest facts with others who have been following your journey on this site.

Good Luck

Niffnash

Good Luck
I also had the procedure and am extremely disappointed. The number of anchors was not discussed prior to the procedure. With me it was a case of when the endoscope goes down into the stomach the decision will be made then - I have to say 26 - 30 anchors sounds like a lot. My surgeon would not consider increasing (I had 11 put in) as he suggested that my continued appetite problem was "hormonal" meaning that the hunger messages to the brain were very strong and wouldn't be cured by adding more anchors (for which he would've required extra payment). My argument is the same; had I bought an item and it did not deliver the expected results I would have returned it, expecting a refund, or had a replacement. Same sort of analogy. I am considering my next course of action but feel that there are a lot of 'brick walls' that prevent any good advice being given.
I would not recommend this procedure either - a very expensive waste of money!!!

Hi Lynda

Yes i'm back on the site and just as angry as you and niffnash.Just wondering how everybody was getting on .I'M JUST AS FAT AS BEFORE .Well actually i'm 21 lb lighter but thats down to several other diets .I change my diet every other week .Yes that old rollercoaster again I'm going to see someone calles russell Hemmings next week a hypnotherapy person world famous i believe .I will believe anything at this point either that or more surgery .

Speak soon

Lynda i rang you a couple of times tonight i will try again tomorrow xx

Last edited:
Good to hear from you Liz. Have replied further in the private posts. Niffnash also hasn't been on for a while. Wonder how she's getting on.

Lynda xx

Sorry to hear of your experiences with the pose procedure. I was thinking of this procedure but by fully reading this thread has made me re-consider another procedure. I know it doesn't help your situation but good luck with your outcomes.

Hi Liz,

Also great to chat to you. Look forward to hearing how you get on. Really and truly hope it goes well and you get the outcome (in the long-term) that you want. This is a sort of 'last chance saloon' thing.
Will be in touch again soon.

Lyn xx

hi lynda, niffnash, everyone, i havent been on for a while but my experience of pose isnt a good one , 7lb lighter from when i got the procedure in march !! appetite the same as before surgery, feel such a fool and a failure ..

hi lynda, niffnash, everyone, i havent been on for a while but my experience of pose isnt a good one , 7lb lighter from when i got the procedure in march !! appetite the same as before surgery, feel such a fool and a failure ..
What can I say? I think it's all been said. Words cannot express the feelings of disappointment and anger. Apart from feeling ripped off there's the disappointment that it didn't work - that's as big an emotional hurdle as anything.

My surgeon is advising me to have a Pose. I am a little worried that it is getting bad reviews and it is going to cost me £8000 & £500 for a consultation and barium swallow. Has anyone done well with it or should I steer clear?

Back