• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post bypass question

I think I read that sweetners are good or at least far better than sugars,but please dont take my word on it.

Sweetners are fine, however, the day after my bypass I found them so sweet that I couldn't stomach them and haven't had anything in my drinks since then. My taste buds with regards sweet things seems to have changed.

Thanks Stella but it was for later down the line with cereals. I've never taken sugar or sweetners in my drinks so that's one obstacle I don't have to fight with thankfully.

I use them all the time in my tea and whenever I need sugar.:)

I can't face sugar or sweeteners as everything tastes so sweet!
Last week I had a latte coffee out, it was a bit bitter so I put a quarter of a teaspoon of Candarel in.......

....oh my word! I couldn't drink it, it tasted like sugar and water and nothing else!
I think you may well find post-sugery, your tastes change. I can't face tea at all at the minute. :sigh:

I can't face sugar or sweeteners as everything tastes so sweet!
Last week I had a latte coffee out, it was a bit bitter so I put a quarter of a teaspoon of Candarel in.......

....oh my word! I couldn't drink it, it tasted like sugar and water and nothing else!
I think you may well find post-sugery, your tastes change. I can't face tea at all at the minute. :sigh:

I was exactly the same Charis! The day after surgery the nurse gave me a drink with sweetner in it (I had taken them religiously beforehand) and it made me puke. My partner couldn't believe how I dropped them completely so quickly - I also used to have it in my porridge but can't now.

Canderel is fine Karen.

But as Charis says you may find you go off tea/coffee immediately post op. I did for just over a week, luckily my love for the 'brew' returned :) x

ps, no question is too silly for this forum :)

Karen, glad you asked because i was also wondering!!, Julie you are right no question is to silly, i should have been braver!! xx

Back