• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op and cannit stomach milk anymore!

clar01

Hi

I am 18 days post op and since Saturday have not been able to stomach milk or milkshakes. They leave me feeling sick and tight chested. I have tried lactose free and soya too with the same effects. Mornings are worse. I'm managing a very thin nas angel delight this morning. Tried to have soup and novelist for breaks and this doesn't go well either. As the day goes on i can manage soup and bovril and coffee, but nothing in the morning.

Yesterday was really bad and I only managed 300 cals and 1/2 litre of liquid!

Waiting for an email back from my team but wondered if anyone has any advice? I'm due to start puréed food on Thursday.

Xxx

This is going to sound like a lame response but apparently some of these Whey Protein products can me mixed with water instead of milk - so maybe that's a way of getting some protein in ?

I hate to say, but since my bypass, 17 months ago, I have developed a milk intolerance . I can't even have yogurts . There are protein shakes out there that you can mix with water. Good luck with your journey xxxx its well worth it.

Back