• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op query

mazza141180

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Just wondering how long you were each on the early stages post op (I.e. Liquid to purée etc)
Am just trying to get an idea of when I can eat again lol x

So do many diff options according to teams, I was given ok to go mushy day 2 following clear liquids but I've stayed 2 weeks on liquids & I may do 4, then 2 wks of mush then onto softs...it's a bloody minefield x

For me it was 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks puréed and then onto well chewed healthy 'normal' food.

can only tell u my experience but i didnt want to eat.it was only because i knew i had to that i did.gastric bypass did for me what nothing else ever did.
good luck

My post op plan is 4 weeks on liquids, 4 weeks on purees and then onto normal foods. However, each week the intake goes up, usually by about 25mls so that on week 4 of fluids, its 200mls each time. Nurse said that it'd be fine to spend more (but definitely not less) than 4 weeks on each stage if I felt I needed to.

Everywhere is different though, my consultant has told me to do 1000 kcals/day instead of the milk diet!

My post op plan is 4 weeks on liquids, 4 weeks on purees and then onto normal foods. However, each week the intake goes up, usually by about 25mls so that on week 4 of fluids, its 200mls each time. Nurse said that it'd be fine to spend more (but definitely not less) than 4 weeks on each stage if I felt I needed to.

Everywhere is different though, my consultant has told me to do 1000 kcals/day instead of the milk diet!

I'm lucky, I can manage 200ML soup/fluids from day 5 :)

liquids day 1 and 2, purees day 3 till week 3, soft, mushy, crispy till month 3 then on to solids

2 weeks liquids (no thicker than something you could drink thru a straw) 2 weeks thicker liquids, 2 weeks puree, 2 weeks soft.

It really does differ! I guess I'll have to see what my hospital says!
Thanks for the input guys x

Back