• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Op Swelling

Sambucca

Hi Gang

I'm 12 days post op today and my tummy is still quite swollen and tender.

I cant complain as apart from that I am feeling really well. I was just wondering how long it took for your post op swelling to disappear?

Mornin Sam hun how are ya doing, hun i would presume that is pretty normal but how long it will take to go i have no idea as am still pre op :(
Am sure their will be others along soon to offer u some advice, take care darlin and have a good day xxx

THanks Roch,

Im feeling pretty good thanks hun. Mustnt grumble. How are you?

hiya sam i would think it was the norm to be honest as the surgeon has been diggin around in ther lol i think if your really worried or concerned in anyway put your mind at rest and giv em a lil ring im sure they heard it all b4 anyway i knw if i get my surgery and im a lil worried i will just giv a quick call just to find out and settle me nerves lol hope you doin ok apart from the swelling lin.x

Hi sam Like any surgery the minimum healing time is 6 weeks. Its hard to remember that at times because of feeling so well so soon especially having had key hole surgery. i found once i started swimming again at 11 days (but only on the agreement of the baritric team) that my healing and swelling seemed to speed up but it was probably at least 4 weeks befors the swelling subsided.
take care and hears so a speedy recovery
carole

I am 13 days post op and still swollen too, as long as it's not extremely painful and you can drink ok I am sure it's nothing to worry about.

I know mine is still swollen cos I keep rolling onto my tummy and it feels like there is a rugby ball in there!

Hope it goes down soon,

Rx

Morning Sam - my swelling went after about 3-4wks. Hope your keeping ok and making sure your getting plenty of rest and fluids (that's daft of course you are). Well you picked the right time to have your op with this lovely weather - i do think that the sun makes us feel so much better. Hope to see you next week at the support group meeting - sending hugs with fairy dust xx

Hi,
I am 15 days post op and mine has more or less gone - I think the wealking is helping me.
Wow Carole, I am gonna ask if I can start swimming. I think I just walked out of hospital and never asked ANY questions. Feel a prat! But you lot are helping me!

Took 4-5 weeks post op for me I was black and blue as well. Glad you're getting on OK otherwise

M

Thanks for all your replies. Its reassuring to know that its normal and that it will start to go down soon xx

It was about 3-4 weeks for me before my swelling went down. I went to a meet at the Trafford Centre at 2 weeks post-op and I can see in the pictures that I was still very swollen. But it will go soon so don't worry. The tenderness eases also when the swelling goes down.

Nic;)

Back