• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

post tummy tuck swelling

xnirvanax

Hi, I was just wondering if you could share your swelling experiences with me?

I am 4 weeks post op and have seen a Dr today who says I do not have swelling which has terrified me as I cannot fit into my old jeans, they are too small! I look a little pregnant.

My consultant did look and make a comment about being a little disappointed ... I think he thought it would be flatter.

Three months for my swelling to go and have only been in my old jeans in the past couple of weeks.

I was asking my surgeon and nurses at every appointment and was reassured that it would go down and eventually it did :)

Three months for my swelling to go and have only been in my old jeans in the past couple of weeks.

I was asking my surgeon and nurses at every appointment and was reassured that it would go down and eventually it did :)

Thanks Jemima that has made me feel better. I think I'll still have a bit of overhang and a tum but I'm praying it'll go down as I really didn't expect to look like this and its getting me down.

I was hoping for reassurance from the Dr (gp) today but she said I had no swelling :(

I know what you mean. I measured that I had lost 5cm off my tummy but yet there was no way that I could get in my clothes, whilst dropping shed loads of weight - really weird!

When I could get in them it was a complete joy! I have a very slight overhang, not enough to call it an overhang but I'm getting liposuction done on that later this year when my repairs are done.

I know what you mean. I measured that I had lost 5cm off my tummy but yet there was no way that I could get in my clothes, whilst dropping shed loads of weight - really weird!

When I could get in them it was a complete joy! I have a very slight overhang, not enough to call it an overhang but I'm getting liposuction done on that later this year when my repairs are done.

Oh I can't wait to get into my old clothes too. Isn't it funny how it works..really did not expect this and the internet has such conflicting information!

I wish I had thought to measure mine however, I have been looking at the few pre op pics I had and reassuring myself.

Does your "overhang" seem high up? Mine does. I am sure I look more pregnant than one of my friends lol.

I chose my scar really low down, it's in my teeny weeny knickers. Can't really see the overhang, but it's the only place on my body that I have any fat on me. I'm having repairs done in September, hopefully I'll have healed by then, it also fits in with my schedule. The liposuction is to get some fat to put in the ends of my tummy and a hole on my breast when I sprung (think Niagara Falls) a leak.

I chose my scar really low down, it's in my teeny weeny knickers. Can't really see the overhang, but it's the only place on my body that I have any fat on me. I'm having repairs done in September, hopefully I'll have healed by then, it also fits in with my schedule. The liposuction is to get some fat to put in the ends of my tummy and a hole on my breast when I sprung (think Niagara Falls) a leak.

That must have been scary Jemima. I hope they make you as good as new during surgery. September will be here before you know it. I'm wishing time away longing to shrink, still worried that the last Dr I saw was right and I have no swelling :-( hoping my tum will prove her wrong.
How long did it take you to stand upright? I am struggling. Without noticing I hunch over. I have started going for walks now and forcing myself to stand upright while doing so.

I had a memory foam pillow under my knees in bed for about 6-7 weeks and it was probably about 8ish weeks to I was fully upright. Had to do arm swinging from about 6-7 weeks to stretch everything out. Have had to rub cream into scars from about week 4 around the holes. Twice a day, literally a bit of a pain as it's massaged as hard as I can take it. I was only able to go for walks from about 6/7 weeks and then more often than not I had to be rescued. It's literally only in the past 5 weeks I've been able to do my usual 10km walk. I couldn't drive to about 8 weeks comfortably.

It's truly been a nightmare.... but time goes on and it's nice to have boobs at the right height and a flat tummy :)

Back