• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post TT swelling

SarahSez

I'm so fed up today. It's almost 6 weeks since my TT and fitting into my jeans seems a million miles away. Can only fit into the one pair of size 12's I have ... the size 10's go nowhere near)!

My tummy is slightly swollen on the front, on one side seems even bigger but my thighs are huge!!! I've put on 7lbs since the op and feeling fed-up of it now.

I have been good (due to foot op before TT I haven't had to go back to work yet), and the family have been excellent; making sure I don't do anything strenuous. I've been tempted to exercise but i've resisted but really need to get back to something soon.

Does anyone have any idea how long does this swelling lasts for?? :cry:

Thanks for that. I know I've been told on here that it can take months but I guess I'm just feeling :( and some of it is due to my foot I had operated on over 10 weeks ago and is still giving me pain and limiting my mobility.

I just want to get back to normal instead of feeling fatter than I did before the op!

Good news today though is that my last stitch fell out! :)

Hiya - the swelling should start to go down soon and it is not uncommonn for swelling to be on one side of your scar / tummy and not the other, you may find that you retain a slightly more swollen area after you have healed fully (nursed for a while in plastics ;)).

You are just going to have to be patient and wait for that foot to heal so that you can increase your mobility, and wait for a while longer yet before you start stretching that scar around! Get some sunshine on it to turn it from purple to skin / silver colour :p

Oh I hope its not long ... my legs are starting to throb with puffiness!! Even the big knickers are feeling tight and they're stretchy!

Hey Sarah, Im still swollen and like you i am more so on one side than the other. I was 4 weeks post op yesterday and i have actually been exercising, i started last week.

I've been doing low impact areobics and light weights - i normally train very intensely so doing something for me is better than nothing.

Im still wearing my binder though, im keeping it on until 6 weeks day and night and then after 6 weeks will switch to night use only. My PS said this was the best way to keep the swelling at bay and i have found wearing the big knickers makes my swelling even worse.

Maybe have a go at switching back to your binder and see if it feels any better?

Also, im taking arnica tablets and using arnica gel - this helps with bruising and swelling and i found it has really helped me :)

Hey Sarah, Im still swollen and like you i am more so on one side than the other. I was 4 weeks post op yesterday and i have actually been exercising, i started last week.

I've been doing low impact areobics and light weights - i normally train very intensely so doing something for me is better than nothing.

Im still wearing my binder though, im keeping it on until 6 weeks day and night and then after 6 weeks will switch to night use only. My PS said this was the best way to keep the swelling at bay and i have found wearing the big knickers makes my swelling even worse.

Maybe have a go at switching back to your binder and see if it feels any better?

Also, im taking arnica tablets and using arnica gel - this helps with bruising and swelling and i found it has really helped me :)

Hiya

I'm now 6weeks 2days so back to gentle aeorbics (but thats mainly cos of painful foot op I had before TT). I wore my binder religiously for the 6 weeks but i've started only wearing it when I'm at home now.

I agree with the big knickers comment ... they definitely make me worse and I try to take them off the minute I walk in the door and put the trusted binder back on (I feel lost without it to be honest).

I didn't have any bruising whatsoever !!!! Don't know how that happened but I'm pleased about it. Even stopped taking painkillers in hospital.

The swelling in my legs seems to have gone down a bit in the last couple of days, but not in my stomach on one side. i'm 7lbs heavier than when I went into hospital (which literally DID appear overnight after the first week). Hoping that goes soon as I'm back at work on Monday. :eek:

Back