• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post op today- staples out

I had my post op appointment today and had my staples taken out. I was told I can now drive if I can do an emergency stop and I can take a flight home to Ireland to see the rest of my family, which I plan to do next weekend. However, I need to keep moving on the flight. She told me to walk up and down the aisle….I don’t think so with this bum, by the time I get stuck into the seat I am staying there until the plan lands but I will make sure I move my legs as much as possible.

I was also told that I can now go on the next stage with my food and I brought some mashed potato from Tescos on the way home. I was a bit worry about it but I whipped it up with a bit of gravy and I can honestly say, hand on heart, that it was the best three spoons of food I ever ate!

Things are going really well and I feel on top of the world. Today was the first day I had a proper outing since the op and it was so great wearing make up again. So far everything is going amazingly well for me and I am very pleased with myself.

Am glad that things went so well.. am a little concerned you wont take their advice about walking on the plane though.. The whole idea of the walking as opposed to moving your leg is that you are pumping the blood and exercising your muscles pumping your blood around your body... DVT is not a nice thing am sure... Stuff the others on the flight this could be your last chance to wobble your big bum in public, next year it won't be there :) xx

On a flight back from Chicago it was like formation dancing as everyone was pacing the aisles and we had to keep stepping aside to let each other pass. Isn't it great moving onto the next food stage, I am addicted to Aunt Bessie carrot and swede mash, with a dollop of Philly Light Garlic and Herbs. Yum. Hope you enjoy your visit home.

On a flight back from Chicago it was like formation dancing as everyone was pacing the aisles and we had to keep stepping aside to let each other pass. Isn't it great moving onto the next food stage, I am addicted to Aunt Bessie carrot and swede mash, with a dollop of Philly Light Garlic and Herbs. Yum. Hope you enjoy your visit home.

Thanks, good suggestion there.

Am glad that things went so well.. am a little concerned you wont take their advice about walking on the plane though.. The whole idea of the walking as opposed to moving your leg is that you are pumping the blood and exercising your muscles pumping your blood around your body... DVT is not a nice thing am sure... Stuff the others on the flight this could be your last chance to wobble your big bum in public, next year it won't be there :) xx

Yes, you are probably right lol

glad to hear all is going well hun, you had staples out did you not have laparoscopic op then? I thought that was how most hospitals did it now, anyway well done hun :) enjoy your trip home, i could do with a trip home to Cornwall myself :sigh: but can't afford it right now still hopefully it won't be too long :sigh:

Great to hear you are having an easy time healing after your bypass. Keep up the great work. i am off for a few days, plus how about setting up a walking schedule with me? gentle exercise, short distances ect to begin with

Great to hear you are having an easy time healing after your bypass. Keep up the great work. i am off for a few days, plus how about setting up a walking schedule with me? gentle exercise, short distances ect to begin with

That sounds like a really good idea but i will have to start very slowly and may be too slow for you but it is something I would love to do. Will text you.

glad to hear all is going well hun, you had staples out did you not have laparoscopic op then? I thought that was how most hospitals did it now, anyway well done hun :) enjoy your trip home, i could do with a trip home to Cornwall myself :sigh: but can't afford it right now still hopefully it won't be too long :sigh:

Hi Shazbrad. I had keyhole and five insertions with 3 or 4 staples on each. Not sure how that differs (if it does) to Laparoscopic.

Hope you are doing well too and hope you get to Cornwall soon, although I suspect it would be nicer when the weather gets a bit warmer. Hugs

Hiya hun laparoscopic is keyhole i just couldn't think of the right word lol :p, i only had butterfly stitches on my entry ports so was just confused by the staples coming out bit, hope your ok :)

Hiya hun laparoscopic is keyhole i just couldn't think of the right word lol :p, i only had butterfly stitches on my entry ports so was just confused by the staples coming out bit, hope your ok :)

lol, I am well thanks. Hope you are too and I look foward to seeing you again hopefully at the next meet up.

Back