• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nearing one week post op!

juliagulia

I'm a lil sore but getting stronger everyday. Today was a hard day I went to the grocery store, my first real outing and felt weak, dizzy, and depressed. Depressed by all the food I wanted to buy. It wasnt even cake or cookies. I just wanted cheese and tuna salad.... all the things I can't have for another week and a half! I don't know if I can do another week and a half of full liquids!!! Anyone have any advice on how to get thru the next week and a half???

juliagulia said:
I'm a lil sore but getting stronger everyday. Today was a hard day I went to the grocery store, my first real outing and felt weak, dizzy, and depressed. Depressed by all the food I wanted to buy. It wasnt even cake or cookies. I just wanted cheese and tuna salad.... all the things I can't have for another week and a half! I don't know if I can do another week and a half of full liquids!!! Anyone have any advice on how to get thru the next week and a half???

Hi

You have to get through this stage as it's part of your healing process and you don't want to jeopardise that. I remember going through all the different food stages and it was hard at times. You'll be fine and the rewards are so great :)
When the weight starts falling off, you'll look back and think all of this was so worth it! :)
Xx

Hiya as luckyla says you gotta stick the fluid stage out it does get easier as time goes by and the urge for food simply goes away best of luck to you

yes you must stick to the eating plan, i heard about a lady who rushed the stages and ended up with one of the joints bursting open and that was at 10 weeks she then got peritonitis and nearly died, she now has major problems, she cant eat but has gained weight, so slow and easy does it xxxxxxxxxxxx

I was back on solids by 4 weeks post op but only very little & very limited and with the advice & guidance from my dietitian as I was off abroad for 2weeks on holiday in an area of Spain that little English is spoken & I have little Spanish skills.
However I didn't rush through the first few weeks of liquids. Your stomach needs to heal first before we attempt to feed it solids, I went to soft solids and mashed foods in all amounts once I had spoken to the dietitian a little faster than is normally advised. It worked for me but I am still cautious with my solids & take my time having had things stick a bit on holiday.
Now I need to learn to eat breads & cope with work lunch boxes etc as the school holidays are coming to a close & the return to the classroom & work are immanent. One thing picking something at a meal time at home another thinking ahead at breakfast time when you don't feel hungry. I'm now nearly 9weeks post-op & the learning curve continues, trying to drink enough while fitting toilet breaks into lesson change overs is going to be a challenge, teaching or supporting in a class I can't just nip out & back to suit my bladder.

Hope you manage to get through this OK, Julia ... Sound advice from everyone but I am a pre op'er so can only imagine how hard it is for you xxx :)

Thank you all! I snuck a saltiness in my broth today it was soooo delicious! I had 3 oz of yogurt right after and had to go to the bathroom right away. Don't know if I was dumping from too much, the cracker, or the yogurt since I have been having an issue with lactose.

On the bright side I am down 10lbs! Almost a stone right? I'm trying to learn the lingo!

Back