• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post RNY update

janeyf

Howdy all,

Well I'm a week out today and only just really coming round. I have felt very low following the op and have been extremely anxious that something may go wrong and I would have to be operated on again.

My tastebuds are up the spout and things I can normally drink no problem are knocking me sick. Nothing tastes right and this has been affecting my ability to keep up with getting any nourishment and enough fluids so I have been quite light headed and weak.

My husband is really worried so I am going to make a big effort now to buck my ideas up and try to get some fitness back. I feel so guilty feeling crappy as its all down to me begging for this op so how can I moan !!!!!!

I am so thankful it's not this time last week though xxxxx

I found my tastes changed so much, I used to love a cuppa but for ages (at least 10 weeks) it tasted rank its only in the last week or so I have been able to drink half a cuppa, the only drinks I could take was diluted apple juice with loads of ice added, keep going I'm sure you will come thru :)

Howdy all,

Well I'm a week out today and only just really coming round. I have felt very low following the op and have been extremely anxious that something may go wrong and I would have to be operated on again.

My tastebuds are up the spout and things I can normally drink no problem are knocking me sick. Nothing tastes right and this has been affecting my ability to keep up with getting any nourishment and enough fluids so I have been quite light headed and weak.

My husband is really worried so I am going to make a big effort now to buck my ideas up and try to get some fitness back. I feel so guilty feeling crappy as its all down to me begging for this op so how can I moan !!!!!!

I am so thankful it's not this time last week though xxxxx

I was exactly the same and 5 weeks out some of my favourite things I still can't tolerate. Argh!

For a good three weeks I felt weak, tired and generally run down. I am picking up now and this weeks started doing a two mile on the spot run (with YouTube) and this is hard but I make myself do it.

I also regretted the op sometimes but there has been a turning point...but I will add that I put this down to religiously drinking my 2 high protein drinks every day equaling at least 60gms and of course my multivitamins.

You'll feel fine soon, I'm sure.

Xx

Hi jane,
If I remember right you had your op at Salford?..same as me 3 1/2 years ago.
Why don't you ring chris(dietican if your struggling).
I remember so well thinking what the hell have I done.
I promise it will pass...x

Back