• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post sleevers anyone?

Delly

Just wondering if any post sleevers can answer my question....

Im still in discomfort with some movements and with lifting heavy things i still get a lot of discomfort afterwards... im 6 weeks post op and wondered how long it was for other people to recover

cheers

Hi Delly, after my opp it took me about 4 weeks to recover fully. But I had my opp through my navel so only had 1 scar to heal, and I didn't have any drains. I wouldn't worry to much though everyone is diff, and I'm sure you will be back to normal very soon. Well done on the weight loss it's fantastic 50lbs in 6 weeks.

Jeanx

Thanks
its more for my job i need to lift im going to occi health tomorrow so hopefully they,l let me back at work doin office work for now, but i cant even carry the hoover upstairs without feeling a pulling discomfort sensation... just wondered if i was weird!!!

Everyone is different. It was 4 weeks since I was feeling fully comfortable and 6 weeks back to work. There is no definitive answer, you're ready when you feel ready!

Just take it easy!

Thanks mixy
beeen to occi health today and they,ve said i cant do my normal job till im 12 weeks post op
so we,ve come to an agreement that i,l have another 2 weeks off sick and then go back to work just doin office work

Im ok with that as i know i,l cry if i get thumped in my stomach!!!

Back