• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice from bypassers...is this just me?

emma-louise

my new life!!
Hi there,

I'd love to hear from bypassers,as wondering if anyone else is like me.
I'm 14mths post op,lost almost 8 stone.
Anyway my question is...whenever I do any activities that include heavy lifting bending etc,after a while my stomach area goes tight and feels hard.
I have just put it down to wind,but is this always the case? As it seems to happen a lot.
I rang the baratric nurse and they advised to increase my lazaprosole tabs to 2 a day.
I went to my yearly check at hospital and the doctor asked me to get scanned for gallstones???
I was confused as gallstone isn't something I thought it may be.
Gallstone pain is brought on by fatty food and don't you get pain in the shoulders?
When I get my pain bad,like the other nite I thought it was a bad wind pains that seem to come in waves that take your breath away.
I'm just totally confused in why I get discomfort after just bending,crouching etc after a while and I do trump for England now!!!
Any advice would be very grateful x

Gallbladder pain comes in huge waves hun and can hurt in the shoulders and can even feel like a heart attack, i had it for 3 years and its agony !!!! They say you are more prone to gall stones after the bypass.
Try some busocpan from the chemist (ask them first) it relaxes the spasums in the gut.

Hi flowerofshona,

I take buscopan the doctor prescribed it,it doesn't always help.
I'm just wondering whats wrong with me not even being able to bend and crouch after long periods of time without tummy hurting.

I did not have that hun, once the stone had moved (get a feeling of sheer relief like its rolled away) i felt wiped out after but i was on pethyerdin(sp) for the pain.
I found ANY pork set me off and full fat milk was evil!
Hope you get an answer soon hun (((((hug)))).

(I still can not bend after my hystorectomy 6 years ago)

Oh dear...

I was really hoping to hear from bypassers with there experiences,wondering if you suffer from any types of wind pains,finding it uncomfy bending crouching after a while.
Maybe it's just me after all x

Could it be a hernia? Have any of the docs examined you for that?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

My gallstones caused me that much pain I ended ip on A&E on morphine. No pain when crouching or after excercise. If it's gallstones you will be in agony after eating something fatty. My pain was high in the abdomen and felt like a heart attack ir at least what I imagine that wud feel like. Does sound like a hernia thou. If you push out your stomach as far as you can see if you feel any relief that's what I used to do with my hernia.

No doctor has examined me for a hernia.
I really don't think it's gallstones,but not sure what yet.
They did take bloods and noticed them checking copper levels?

I am not in pain but I feel a bit of discomfort around my top left side close to my chest...any ideas what it could be?? Depends if i am seated or standing up the feeling just goes..Is wind?

I don't get any no, only when my IBS flares up. When I get pouch wind, it's just under my breast bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks,

It's uncomfortable for me sitting,crouching and bending and it's always the top part of belly area.
It's not painful just irritating.

Thanks,

It's uncomfortable for me sitting,crouching and bending and it's always the top part of belly area.
It's not painful just irritating.

That really doesnt sound like gallstones hun, i had them nearly 9 years ago when i was pregnant with my first baby from 14 weeks till he was born getting it every 2 weeks and was in hospital told i was heartburn, i have never been in so much pain ever 10 hours a day rocking and being sick the renching pulled a hernia, but like when yours is there from bending, crouching ect that would not be the case it may start it off but then you would be rocking on the floor and really i was a mess, couldnt have nothing while pregnant but had one just before i got them taken out and had morfene was fantastic... i maybe gallstones but i have never know anything else then the worse pain i can describe and it doesnt sound the case for you... hope you get it sorted soon hun xxx

Thanks Alison,

I'm thinking it's not gallstones either,is more like a muscle pain and it also eases with heat,as I use my hot bottle an awful lot x

emma-louise said:
Thanks Alison,

I'm thinking it's not gallstones either,is more like a muscle pain and it also eases with heat,as I use my hot bottle an awful lot x

Sounds like it if heat can ease it.

Gallstones are devil stones! Yikes! The pain x

Back