• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Terrible taste in my mouth - Help

Bethany

Hello all,

Can someone help me please. I am still only able to east very small amounts and sometimes like this morning, I had 1½ tablespoons of Macaroni cheese from a tin and I am sitting here now with a feeling that it is coming back up through my oesophagus and I feel as if I am going to be sick. I had similar last night after 1 fish finger and 2 very tiny potatoes, and I mean tiny. I was sick going to bed but in the middle of the night I got the most terrible taste in my mouth that I felt sick. I had some water and persevered but things are not right this morning.
I am having the camera down next week so they will be able to see if there is anything wrong, but I just wondered if anyone else has had these problems.

Also has anyone experienced Scar tissue pain. I was working in the garden last week bending down and I got this terrible pain just under my liver. Went to see my consultant and he though it was scar tissue pain. I am also in a little bit of discomfort on the other side with a burning sensation over my drain wound and a couple of the other wounds, which are not bandaged any more. I am now 12 weeks post op.

Sorry this is a bit long winded but I am getting a bit fed up struggling.
Bethany

So sorry you are having a rough time of it at the moment. I would wait and see what your Endoscopy shows.....possibly nothing at all.

I do get a tin like taste in my mouth now and again but, am only 3 weeks post-op and struggling to get enough calories down, maybe thats why?

Hope you get sorted very soon. x

The dentyl mouthwashes, although an evil in and of themselves are actually strong enough to kill post-op bad tastes.

Hi Bethany, I had a sleeve gastrectomy in february and am currently leaking. At one point I had 5 drains inserted, and now only have 1. I too get a burning sensation at the previous drain sites and experience pains when trying to bend to pick things up, put shoes on etc..

When I spoke to my consultant and his team about this, I was advised that this is part of the healing process. As it may appear to be healed on the surface, the body is still repairing internally and fighting any infection that may still be present and will subside eventually.

As for the rank mouth taste, I get that too, but as Im nil by mouth and have been since 29/2/12 I figured it was just me. I think it has something to do with acid reflux, but dont quote me on that!

I know its not much concellation, but maybe knowing someone else experiences this may be a bit of a relief, I know it was to me to read your post.

Back