• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post Surgery Pregnancy

Windflower

I am 10 months out and have stopped loosing weight. Doing great though, surpassed my goal.
I couldn't have children before the weight loss but should be able to now. Any advise from those who had a baby post surgery?

:)Hiya-there is a pregnancy section of the forum:)
Plus if you look at "Salski" & "Shelbell's" posts they may helpxxx

Hi,

I fell pregnant 8 months post op and reached goal 1 month later. The bypass didn't affect my pregnancy at all, and being a normal weight actually makes for a healthier pregnancy.

I would suggest you crack maintaining for a few months first, and then when you decide to start trying start on a high strength folic acid, change your usual multi vit for pregnacare and if you are taking lanzaprazole swap it for omeprazole.

Best of luck, if you have any specific questions just shout x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks ShelBel.
I'm mainly concerned about maintaining weight loss after. I've started the Folic Acid stuff already and take a very strong multi. I'm not sure what the other stuff you wrote is but I don't take it.
I'm thinking I'll be so into the baby that I won't eat or I'll be so tired & stressed that I might want to go right to food again.

The strong multi isn't suitable during pregnancy due to high levels of vitamin A, hence swapping to pregnacare. The lanzaprazole is also known as fastabs, they are ant-acids basically.

Personally I lost weight through my pregnancy but I have chronic malabsorption so that was inevitable. The morning sickness can make you want to eat more carbs, and some people get cravings, but if you understand the risk of weight gain, remember baby only needs an extra 200 calories a day, and focus on a healthy diet to give baby the best start in life you should be fine. It's normal to gain 1 & 1/2 to 2 stone, which you will lose within the first couple of months after giving birth.

If you are really concerned, you can join slimming world which is fine for pregnancy just to give you a more structured eating plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Back