• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post work out snacks

Stacey83

Hello exercisers...

Just wondering if any of you supplement your diet post gym workout?

I had some pure guarana powder before hand today and a protein cookie with 37g protein in it and I've just got home and had 60g of prawns with a little salad for dinner - up to 95g of protein today but wonder, is that enough if I'm doing quite a big workout with 45min cardio and weights?

It's such a balancing act this whole looking after yourself health and wellbeing business, a completely new way of living and I'm loving it!

kurstywursty

Stacey. Everything I eat mostly is protein or green veg. Your prawn snack sounds lovely. I have been looking at the protein bars too

JJJ

I'd also like to know what people use post bypass for drinks during long runs. I was using either diluted fruit juice or sports drink with my band but am worried about dumping post bypass.
If I'm only sipping, maybe that will still be ok?

siana58

I tend to stick to good old protein shakes, I use Syntrax as they are more like fruit juice/squash than a milk shake. I sometimes whizz them up with frozen berries, bit of green tea, maybe a spoonful of oatbran

Caroline jess

Do you have carbs, it's important to not be on a too low carb diet if you are doing a lot of excercise. Especially post work out I.e sweet potato and chicken. Apple and peanut butter, good quality protein powder that's not too low carb etc

valentine

I've only started to exercise properly in the last 3-4 weeks and I do a home made smoothie before I leave the house ..
Banana and strawberry whizzed up skimmed milk and ice and a measure of whey protein powder..
It gives me a really satisfying brekkie with a great protein hit..
I used the shop bought protein drinks when I was first post op but really couldn't bear the taste of them after a while..
I also use blue berries raspberries etc .. Whatever fruit is in the fridge really and the protein powder is unflavoured so it can go in anything I put in the nutri ninja ...
It's having a good impact on my weight losses too as I am losing 2-3lbs a week again after a very long stall...