• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pouch stretching?

lyndz_ro

Hi all
I had my consulation with surgeon last night. The nurse and dietician were v confident but surgeon was honest (as I want him to be) and spoke a lot about how over time dumping can reduce, the body will adapt and the stomach can expand back. I was aware of this but this has scared me cos its a lot of money for an op that actually might not work.
Does anyone know how difficult it is to stretch the pouch? Is it like if you make yourself stupidly full to the point of vomitting everyday or is it easier to do than that?

I was full steam ahead but this has made me doubt my decision :(

Many thanks
L♥

Hi,

This is my experience of my bypass and I'm over 3 years post op.
Dumping is still happening to me just as much as day 1.
My restriction is great,I cannot eat any more food than my 5 year old.
Everyone is completely different,I followed the rules before and after having my bypass and my "tool" is still as vigilant as ever,
If I try to cheat and push that extra biscuit I pay for it and I'm sick as hell for a couple of hours.

Hi all
I had my consulation with surgeon last night. The nurse and dietician were v confident but surgeon was honest (as I want him to be) and spoke a lot about how over time dumping can reduce, the body will adapt and the stomach can expand back. I was aware of this but this has scared me cos its a lot of money for an op that actually might not work.
Does anyone know how difficult it is to stretch the pouch? Is it like if you make yourself stupidly full to the point of vomitting everyday or is it easier to do than that?

I was full steam ahead but this has made me doubt my decision :(

Many thanks
L?

You will only stretch the pouch if you abuse it. The odd over indulgement would not cause that.
For me personally I hardly ever dump but however this week for some reason I have had several episodes.
I still wouldn't change my bypass for the world

You will only stretch the pouch if you abuse it. The odd over indulgement would not cause that.
For me personally I hardly ever dump but however this week for some reason I have had several episodes.
I still wouldn't change my bypass for the world

You what though...I find this hard to understand how someone can stretch the pouch.
I mean if I've overdone it on the odd occasion I am sick straight away.
A pouch simply cannot hold a large amount of food now,so how can stretching be possible?
It physical hurts to overdo on food or liquids now for me,so it must be obvious to a person if they are abusing their tool.

Back