• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pounds lost since surgery with the sleeve

Well done xx

I had mine on the 7th December and iv only lost 9lb being quite sick since nothing to be with the band just had a chest and kidney infection the week after surgery then had a great week then sick again then a week better and now sick again kidney infection and the flu .... Just which it would all stop ...
On the bright side love my band having first fill done this Saturday and then there will be no stopping me ... At the moment I can eat anything and I do lol

Hi. Well done. I had my surgery on 18th december and have lost 1 stone 2lb. However I did have a wrap which doesn't require a fill. Since last week I've lost nothing though :(
I reckon this is my stall. How are you getting on With the food? I'm having soups and custard and yogurts and mash potato. Im also eating thin dry crackers if I need a little boost. I'm averaging about 800 call per day according to my fitness pal. I'm waking up in the night hungry though and also starving in the mornings!!! Never used to be like this! :( Julia x

Wow congrats on surgery. I'm not familiar with the wrap i started solid food yesterday. Had crab soup and broiled crab cake today everything good so far. I am walking but think I'm going to do a little more exercise thus week. I agree with waking up hungry so now i have to train myself to get up early to eat cause its very hard getting in all fluids and eat too. So thus Erik be my challenge for the up coming weeks.

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

Hi

What was your BMI when you had the op? I'm getting conflicting info re. who the wrap is suitable for.

Hi. Well done. I had my surgery on 18th december and have lost 1 stone 2lb. However I did have a wrap which doesn't require a fill. Since last week I've lost nothing though :(
I reckon this is my stall. How are you getting on With the food? I'm having soups and custard and yogurts and mash potato. Im also eating thin dry crackers if I need a little boost. I'm averaging about 800 call per day according to my fitness pal. I'm waking up in the night hungry though and also starving in the mornings!!! Never used to be like this! :( Julia x

My bmi was i believe was somewhere between 52 & 56. What's the conflicting info that you are getting?

My bmi was 39 before surgery. I still haven't lost anything further since my 2nd week out. It's been 5 weeks all together since operation. I'm so gutted. My friend suggested Atkins to kick start things, but it's so annoying as Firstly it makes me ill. And secondly I could have lost same on Atkins without surgery. Sorry for being miserable. Help!!!!!!! Xx

Julie can I suggest you track everything on my fitness pal? If your calories are low consistently then you know you will lose some pounds eventually. Must be very dispiriting.

Hi julianna....how r u? That's a shame about ur weight stall. R u not managing normal foods now? I can eat anything in small amounts and once I did I was loosing more and felt more satisfied day and night. Also the hunger pangs is prob still gases. R u drinking plenty too? Xx

Definitely use MyFitnessPal as was suggested - it is fab.

The largest part of your food intake should be protein and you should be eating 50+ grams of it a day.

You should keep your carb intake below 50g per day.

You also need to be drinking plenty of water.

My personal goals set-up on MyFitnessPal are 600 cals / 60g Protein / 45g carbs / 20g fat per day + 1.5 litres of water.

However, I'm only 2 weeks post sleeve and can't eat solids and am still healing so I really can't manage anywhere near these amounts at the moment - I am managing about 400 cals a day at best but logging things on MyFitnessPal is really helping me keep an eye on it and focusing me on at least trying to keep my protein intake up.

Protein is THE most important thing. It stops you feeling hungry, helps your body focus on burning fat not muscle, etc.

Hope that was helpful!

I use my fitness pal. I have set a goal of 900 cals per day. 50g protein, 30g carbs. I am allowed to do exercise this week so I have my first class on Saturday. I am feeling tired, light headed, pale, I have dark circles under my eyes. I look exhausted. I'm taking sanatogen a-z as I tried the other multi vitamins but they make me vomit. Today I've had a protein bar and a banana for breakfast. Turkey stir fry for lunch. Gammon steak for tea. Muller light yogurt and a fruit pot. I am so so tired and light headed all the time. Any advice about getting extra energy would be great. Maybe glucose tablets or something. X

Julesburn, sounds like your iron could be low when is the last time you had blood levels checked? Might just need some iron. I take iron along with my calcium and multivitamin and b12 that's something else you may need too is b12 check with your doctor. I am full of energy. And never look exhausted.

I use my fitness pal. I have set a goal of 900 cals per day. 50g protein, 30g carbs. I am allowed to do exercise this week so I have my first class on Saturday. I am feeling tired, light headed, pale, I have dark circles under my eyes. I look exhausted. I'm taking sanatogen a-z as I tried the other multi vitamins but they make me vomit. Today I've had a protein bar and a banana for breakfast. Turkey stir fry for lunch. Gammon steak for tea. Muller light yogurt and a fruit pot. I am so so tired and light headed all the time. Any advice about getting extra energy would be great. Maybe glucose tablets or something. X

Does sound like you may need your B12 and iron levels checking Jules. You will be tired eating 900 calories and I suggest you increase them slightly when you start exercising or you will be too exhausted to do much.
I'm on 1000 most days but increase to 1200 on days I'm exercising if I can. Drink plenty of fluid and don't panic. It will come off I promise! x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back