• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pounds lost since surgery with the sleeve

Also, how are you doing on the carbs? Are you def sticking to under 50 everyday? Carbs will kill you every time because your body will use those for fuel first before your fat. A medium sized banana has 25 grams of carbs, that and the muller light alone is 40g of carbs.

xoxo

I've booked in for some blood tests Tommorow to get things checked out. However I have also done some research online and my symptoms sounds like hibernation syndrome. My body is trying to store up my reserves by stopping doing anything. Slowing down my metabolism etc. apparently it's pretty common. I will update! Xx

I've booked in for some blood tests Tommorow to get things checked out. However I have also done some research online and my symptoms sounds like hibernation syndrome. My body is trying to store up my reserves by stopping doing anything. Slowing down my metabolism etc. apparently it's pretty common. I will update! Xx

Well done Jules, i'd never even heard of it!! It'll right itself in the end :) xx

Hi Julie, Im having the same problem as you too. 8 weeks out and I havent lost for 4 weeks now. Im using my fitness pal and averaging 800-1000 calories. It says I should be losing but Im not :( I have just realised that there are 73 grams of carbs in my apple and banana. OMG, and I thought I was being good having the fruit. That will have to stop :( Grrrrr, not giving up though. Onwards and upwards. Hope we both lose soon.

I don't under stand this Carb thing.....when I was at weight watchers all fruit was free foods. And also at slimming world all pasta and rice was free foods. Surley it can't be down to that if folk that stick to those diets loose stones and stones. Confused. Com indeed. Xx

This is really worrying me now that I am going to spend all this money and not lose :-( is this common practice? Is there anyone on here who has had the wrap for longer than a few months that can give more info please?

I got mine on 13thNovember and IV lost 2 1/2 stone. Its slowing down a bit now but its not a magic wand. Its a tool to help u diet and feel Fuller quicker. It does not stop u eating chocolate crisps etc. So u need to Mae to right choices after. U need to change ur whole eating habits for life. That's what's hard for me. I love chocolate. And wine. But I'm changing my habits slowly but surly xx

What are you guys exercise regimens? The facts are the more calories you consume the more exercise you have to do and more strenuous exercise. So if you are nit able to do strenuous exercise then you're calories and carbs needs to be lower. Increase as you increase you exercise activities. I should be able to increase my exercise agree my one month appointment. So my body is going to want and need a little more calories as I'm increasing my activities.

Sent from my M886 using WLSurgery

About carbs..

Your body will convert carbs to energy and function on those if they are there before it will dip into its own fat stores.

Yes, people on weight watchers and slimming world eat loads if carbs and still lose weight.... at half a pound or a pound a week. At that rate, taking into consideration the stay the same weeks and the odd up a pound weeks, it can take 3-6 months to lose a stone!

And frankly if we were all capable of losing weight and keeping it off on a programme like weight watchers we wouldnt need WLS!

So, when you restrict carbs your body uses more of your own body fat for fuel. You lose more weight faster.
ALSO because you are eating so little we need to be eating protein rich founds - high carb foods tend to be very low protein so not nutrionally of good value for WSL folk. On the other hand high poritein foods are mostly low carb.

There are plenty of healthy low carb veggies, and things like strawberries are a low carb fruit option.

Carbs will also make you hungry and give you cavings. They are the main culprit in food addiction and over eating.

About carbs..

Your body will convert carbs to energy and function on those if they are there before it will dip into its own fat stores.

Yes, people on weight watchers and slimming world eat loads if carbs and still lose weight.... at half a pound or a pound a week. At that rate, taking into consideration the stay the same weeks and the odd up a pound weeks, it can take 3-6 months to lose a stone!

And frankly if we were all capable of losing weight and keeping it off on a programme like weight watchers we wouldnt need WLS!

So, when you restrict carbs your body uses more of your own body fat for fuel. You lose more weight faster.
ALSO because you are eating so little we need to be eating protein rich founds - high carb foods tend to be very low protein so not nutrionally of good value for WSL folk. On the other hand high poritein foods are mostly low carb.

There are plenty of healthy low carb veggies, and things like strawberries are a low carb fruit option.

Carbs will also make you hungry and give you cavings. They are the main culprit in food addiction and over eating.

I love this post!!

I ate alot of carbs at slimming world and lost 4-6 lbs a week, did really well - I lost 7 stone and then got really bored and ended up craving protein so the weight loss went out the window as I ended up eating full fat yoghurts, chocolate, fatty meats etc. Plenty of people do well on it, I think I'm just a natural carb addict and the only way to combat that is to get lots of protein (but good protein) so I've now got my protein shakes ready (the calorific value of them is astounding though!).

Back