• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Power Pops

fat-girl-slim08

At Goal & Now Maintaining
Hiya
Just wondering if it is ok to suck on Power pops after the gastric bypass?
If you don't know nothing about them this is the ingredients:
Power Pop Ingredients:

Citrimax: A natural ingredient in weight loss products for over 30 years; suppresses appetite and helps burn fat.
L-Tyrosine (Amino Acid): Suppresses appetite, helps reduce body fat.
Vitamin B6: involved in more body functions than almost any other single nutrient, helps absorb fats, and reduces water retention.
Vitamin B12: Helps with proper digestion, absorption of foods, and metabolism of carbohydrates and fats
Guarana: Combined with vitamins B6 and B12, helps to reduce fatigue and increase mental alertness

Flavors:
Cherry, Root Beer Float, Raspberry Cheesecake, Mocha, Butter Pecan, Green Apple, Pina Colada, Mountain Berry, and Cinnamon.
**There is a small amount of sugar and corn syrup to act as a binding agent.
NOTE: Power-Pops contain NO Mahuang or Ephedra.
There are approximately 32 calories, 0 fat grams, 7 carbs and 7 grams of sugar.
This is a link for more info,
Power Pops - Diet Lollipops

I don't know, but they sound nice and they say they have got vitamin b6 and vitamin b12 in them which sounds good!!
I will be interested to see what others think :D
:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

Why would you want to?

Everyone I have spoken to doesn't have an appitite let alone the need to surpress it. You won't need any help shifting the fat either.

7g of sugar is a lot for something that you would just snack on. Personally I wouldn't but it's up to you.

i was told nothing with more than 5g of fat or sugar per 100g. But believe others you really wont need them. still having to remind myself to eat.
take care
HC

hmm didn't notice the sugar content in them , that is quite high! :eek:
Yeah, it is weird actually, i am not hungry either- all i have had today is a bit of a slimfast, a horlicks light and i am sipping at afruit shoot. :p
:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

Yeah I was Just curious really as I have them in the drawer, I'm not hungry at all, It was just the fact of having something hard in my mouth! If ya know what i mean. Today I have had an Actimel, half cup oxo, quarter cup of juice, and sipped on water.
I don't feel the urge for food at all. Its amazing how I am really really not hungry at all.

I don't feel the urge for food at all. Its amazing how I am really really not hungry at all.

I know!! It is weird isnt it!! pre-op i read on here that people where not hungry and felt full up, and i was thinking 'how can you be' - but i am!! I still don't get how i am not hungry now, but hey, don't knock it it rocks i am making the most of it!!!! :D:D:D:D

Hey Lizzie, me too lol, I mean its only been 5 days post op for me but, Its unreal how, I am not hungry at all lol, and I just keep drinking and sipping away at my drinks.
You know what aswell, I smoked about 30ish cigarettes a day before my Op and when I went in on Staurday morning didn't have one until Monday aftenoon, Then had another later on that night, Tuesday I had 3, wednesday I had 3 and Today NONE!!!!!! So thats it now, I am really gonna do it to No more Fags for me. Its great Because I am not eating, and I am not smoking, Usually when I have something to eat I want a ciggy straight after, but because I'm not eating its so much easier to pack in smoking, and believe me I was a Real proper smoker for 23 years so I am doing real good too.

The stopping smoking is wonderful. That is a miracle in itself. Good for you. I would not go for the pops myself, the sugar is kinda high, plus corn syrup will make you crave sugar. Also they contain several natural stimulants that I try to avoid (high blood pressure & insomnia are part of my health issues so I am careful).

That said, if you fancy them give them a go and see how they make you feel. If they are going to cause a bad reaction then you'll know a few minutes in. Most things are fine in moderation.

HTH:D

If you crave something to suck on, wouldn 't the sugar free ice pops that kids have be any good. I have no idea personally but I always by my kids the sugar free ones but I dont know what are in the ingreidients.

Give the pops a miss, they don't look like they'll be doing you any good, just my opinion

Alia xxx

Yeah Thanks girls, I wont bother with the power Pops, I just don't want to risk anything you know, I am doing so well, and still No ciggies, I am very proud of myself. Don't get me wrong at times I want one, But then, I Just think Hell no, lol, So yeah Doing good.

Stopping smoking is fantastic, you should be so proud as I know its a really difficult thing to do.

I'm suprised your surgeon did your operation if you smoke. On the day of my surgery there was a woman after me and she had seen Mr Pollard previously and he had refused to do anything with her till she had given up the cigs. She was in clinic one day when I was and she told me she had given up the cigs but I could smell them on her. She must have managed to convince Mr Pollard that she had given up cause she was up for surgery after mine.

Apparently it took them over an hour to get her under and when they did lots of brown tarry fluid started coming up some of the tubes so Mr Pollard refused to do the surgery and she was taken straight to the recovery room to wake up. He's now refused to do anything for her, telling her that there was no way he was going to risk his reputation on her dying on the table all cause she lied about smoking. Guess different surgeons have different rules.

Please don't think this post is aimed at having a go at you I'm just saying what happened to a woman who lied about her cigs.

Omg, Thats awfull, I hope that didn't happen to me with all the brown tarry stuff, its horrible, I guess I must be so lucky, But thinking about it, I remeber now, them asking me quite a few times am I asleep yet, and I kept saying "NO" and saying "Don't start untill I'm asleep", I wonder if that was me taking a long time to go under, and also, It was about 3 hours in total from going down until back in my room, and my hubby was worried sick, because they said it would only take between and hour and half to Two hours and I was like 3, It makes me kinda wonder now.
I am so glad I have packed in smoking though, I'm not gonna smoke ever again, I am Older and wiser now, and I want to be fit and healthy!!

Back