• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Appointment 10th June

logansmith

Hi everyone, thhis is my 1st post on here and I am just trying to find out what to expect.
I have my pre-appointment at Homerton Hospital on 10th June 2013. They say on my letter that I should expect to be there all day. Just trying to find out if anyone else out there is in the same position as me.
I have already undergone 6 months weight management under Addenbrookes Hospital (Dr Park) where I was able to lose 5% of my body weight and maintain it. I spent 2 months on the milk diet and then monitored my calorie intake for the following 4 months. I was then referred back to my GP for funding as an exceptional case and this was accepted by my PCT. Just wondering if anyone else has been reffered under simular circumstances. And therefore how long I can expect to wait after my pre-op to the actual op date?
Many thanks
Malcolm

Hi

I haven't been on here for ages and just popped on and saw this.
I had my op at Homerton almost 2 years ago. You'll have had your full day appointment already today - I hope it went well. From the time of my all day visit til my op was 6 months. Sounds like ages and I don't know if the waiting times have increased or decreased since then but you'll be surprised how quickly it can go. From what you posted it sounds like you've been jumping through hoops already so perhaps it may be a lot quicker.
Good luck with the whole journey.

Back