• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre Op Milk diet

Serapis Bey

Hi,

My milk diet consists of 3 pints of milk (semi or skimmed), 2 diet yoghurts, tea, coffee and diet drinks.

Did anyone else subsitute cows milk for soya?

The dietitian said it was fine for me to drink soya milk so long as I drank a low fat option.

Im at the end of day 1 of the milk diet and it wasnt too bad, I just had a large cup of low fat soya milk with NAS crusha. I think I'll have to buy some splenda because the crusha wasn't sweet enough.

Does anyone have an recipe ideas? I was thinking about a yoghurt & sugar free jelly mix with strawberries, but we're not allowed fruit :cry::D

Hi love, the milk diet is awful but i would just stick to what you are allowed love as its for the best..you are doing well.
I was really ill for the first 5 days of my milk diet as my body went into starvation mode but the last 5 days were ok.
I wanted fruit to but had to resist.
When is your wls date lovey and are you having the bypass?
Well i hope it all goes smoothly for you in the run up to your op. xxx

Hi love, the milk diet is awful but i would just stick to what you are allowed love as its for the best..you are doing well.
I was really ill for the first 5 days of my milk diet as my body went into starvation mode but the last 5 days were ok.
I wanted fruit to but had to resist.
When is your wls date lovey and are you having the bypass?
Well i hope it all goes smoothly for you in the run up to your op. xxx

Thanks Sugga!

I'm having the rny gastric bypass on 8th March. I feeling the hunger, the milk diet is pretty hard, but I will stick with it. I guess the soya milk isn't as filling as the regular stuff.

Did you have jelly on your milk diet? Anything savoury? Im thinking of blending a stock cube in hot soya milk.......

Hi, how strange . . . my pre op diet is not based on the ‘milk diet’ but is simply low fat and includes fruit, eggs, yogurts, lean meat and alike (just sensible eating). I have been warned the diet is for 10 days only on the run up for the op (April 05) . . . good luck with your journey x

Thanks Kevin,

Good luck with you wls journey too :)
Oooh you're pre op diet sounds lovely! I'm a bit jelous lol. I guess the requirement for pre-op vary depending on the surgeons preferences.

Hi, ive not got to that stage yet myself hunny but I just wanted to wish you all the best on your diet and good luck for your op xxx

Back