• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pre-op appointment for tests etc

VIXXX

hi all, this morning ive received a letter from hospital asking me to attend my pre-op tests etc next monday at 2pm and i am absolutely over the moon. i was not expecting it to be so soon but im so excited i cannot begin to tell you. xx

Who are you booked in to see?

I was very quick through the process too!

Congratulations

Wow well done you! Congrats babe x

Hi Mixxy, yeah was quick through the process, it surprised me too! Well the letter says Mr K Patel, but i have only heard of Mr Ackroyd, who was your consultant. xx

Thanks for all your kind words, im so excited i REALLY cant wait.
How much longer were you after you had your blood tests etc to then having the surgery Mixxy??? xx

After the tests I had to attend a couple of meetings. One of them being a group meeting where, basically, they tried scaring you off. Explaining what could go wrong, how your life will change etc etc. I still put my name down straight away.

I was probably 6 months from the tests to the operation.

I only really saw Dr Ackroyd once I'd had all the tests, attended the group meeting and had been accepted.

hi again mixxy. well i ave already been accepted,i went to hosp on 14th january and they decided to put my name on the waiting list for a bypass then and they also stated that there is a waiting list of 4 months. has the process changed since you went regarding your wls?? xx

It was a bit of a roller coaster for me to be honest. I initially went to th docs with a sore throat last November! Things kinda went quickly from there lol

I thought I'd been accepted then the next meeting I had I was asked if I wanted to put my name down! It was very confusing but then maybe it was just me assuming things!

oh right i see mixxy, no worries. maybe i am assuming then although they did state that my name was on the waiting list. oh well i am sure i will find out for sure next monday. thanks for your help mixxy xx

It amazes me how different Hospitals work, My Op was 1 week after my pre Op, and I never had to attend any group meetings or anything. :)

Really Kim? that was a quick process. yeah suppose every hospital is different just depends how many people waiting too xx

Hiya Vixx, hope it goes ok for you today lady!
I have cancelled my FB account as I was getting fed up of it but if you want to e mail me to meet up for coffee or something you can get me on info at eliteadmin dot co dot uk (you know the format).
Good luck!
x

Back